Thread: Samsung SM-960U Android 10 Firmware

Exclamation Samsung SM-960U Android 10 Firmware

Hi guys,

I have a question about obtaining Android 10 firmware for the SM-960U. I'm currently having an issue where I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U1 factory unlocked from Samsung themselves. My current carrier is AT&T. However, I've realized for a while that my area doesn't have a good signal (1 bar to no service) due to the location where I am. I am trying to install AT&T's firmware with the boot logo and its software's bloatware to obtain Wi-Fi calling. However, I am having trouble. Currently, I've flashed my N960U1 with AT&T's U1 Android 10 firmware from the site using Odin. I see that it's been flashed successfully after doing a clean install and see AT&T firmware in the phone. However, it did not give me an AT&T boot logo screen or give me the Wi-Fi calling option. It's still the same like it's from the factory unlock no carrier firmware. So, after doing some research, I see that what I have to do is: clean flash AT&T's U1 firmware on the device (which I did), then, install the U firmware to bring on the AT&T boot logo screen and WiFi calling. However, I am unable to do the 2nd part, because the only available firmware for U firmware (AT&T's bloatware) is Android 8. Due to the bootloader being version 4 in Android 10 and version 2 in android 8, I cannot downgrade even on a cracked Odin version. The phone gives me a SW REV error and odin gives me a write error. I worked on this for 8 hours, don't try to fight me on this lol. This is because Odin understands that the phone can't be downgraded due to the bootloader version being higher. This can be seen in the firmware names when comparing (Android 8: N960USQU1ARG6. Android 10: N960U1UES4DTD1).

In summary, I need to find the SM-960U Android 10 firmware. Right now, on this site: ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]), the only firmware that comes up is Android 8. Downloading the latest firmware for the SM-N960U1, on this site: ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) doesn't help. Any suggestions? I really need help and appreciate if you guys could help me. Maybe there's a different firmware I could use to get WiFi calling with AT&T? Cause that's the problem I'm having right now. I can't find AT&T's U anywhere. Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by robertj51 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi guys,

I have a question about obtaining Android 10 firmware for the SM-960U. I'm currently having an issue where I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 N960U1 factory unlocked from Samsung themselves. My current carrier is AT&T. However, I've realized for a while that my area doesn't have a good signal (1 bar to no service) due to the location where I am. I am trying to install AT&T's firmware with the boot logo and its software's bloatware to obtain Wi-Fi calling. However, I am having trouble. Currently, I've flashed my N960U1 with AT&T's U1 Android 10 firmware from the site using Odin. I see that it's been flashed successfully after doing a clean install and see AT&T firmware in the phone. However, it did not give me an AT&T boot logo screen or give me the Wi-Fi calling option. It's still the same like it's from the factory unlock no carrier firmware. So, after doing some research, I see that what I have to do is: clean flash AT&T's U1 firmware on the device (which I did), then, install the U firmware to bring on the AT&T boot logo screen and WiFi calling. However, I am unable to do the 2nd part, because the only available firmware for U firmware (AT&T's bloatware) is Android 8. Due to the bootloader being version 4 in Android 10 and version 2 in android 8, I cannot downgrade even on a cracked Odin version. The phone gives me a SW REV error and odin gives me a write error. I worked on this for 8 hours, don't try to fight me on this lol. This is because Odin understands that the phone can't be downgraded due to the bootloader version being higher. This can be seen in the firmware names when comparing (Android 8: N960USQU1ARG6. Android 10: N960U1UES4DTD1).

In summary, I need to find the SM-960U Android 10 firmware. Right now, on this site: ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]), the only firmware that comes up is Android 8. Downloading the latest firmware for the SM-N960U1, on this site: ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) doesn't help. Any suggestions? I really need help and appreciate if you guys could help me. Maybe there's a different firmware I could use to get WiFi calling with AT&T? Cause that's the problem I'm having right now. I can't find AT&T's U anywhere. Thanks!
    Hi there

What MODEL do you have? SM-N960U or SM-N960U1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

What MODEL do you have? SM-N960U or SM-N960U1 ?
    I have the SM-N960U1. I want to flash AT&T's Android 10 SM-N960U firmware on my device

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by robertj51 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have the SM-N960U1. I want to flash AT&T's Android 10 SM-N960U firmware on my device
    We don't advice this; some other users did this too, and they got a lot of problems...

It's a different model

Hi guys! After 18 straight hours of fiddling and researching, not getting a definite answer from XDA and Sammobile forums since my phone was on the latest bootloader v4: I've finally been able to find out how to do this, thanks to butchieboy from XDA and a culmination other forums, I've finally been able to successfully figure this out!

Basically, here are the steps to successfully do it if you're on Android 10/bootloader v4 and want to make the switch without downgrading the software on a lower bootloader:

1. Download and flash U1 firmware from samfw as a clean install. I used ATT's U1 firmware (follow the instructions below to do so). I did this first and was confused about why I didn't get the bloatware after. However, this is only the first step.
    2. I found the latest firmware from Verizon for the SM-960U (not U1), and downloaded patched Odin 3.13.1b onto my computer. I downloaded these both from samfw's website. You'll need the patched version to be able to switch from U1 to U firmware. I used Verizon's instead of T-Mobile's because they had posted the latest version for Android 10.
    3. Run Odin as admin, make sure you're using a computer with open USB ports for data transfer (one of my computers gave me an error, switched to another one, it worked fine). Make sure you use a good data transfer port also.
    4. Enable USB debugging on the device, and reboot the phone into recovery mode. Don't connect it to the computer yet.
    4. Load up BL..AP..CP..CSC. Do not use home_csc and do not use userdata. They are not needed. CSC needs to be used because it has to be a clean install in order for this to work properly. By not using userdata, the device will load up the appropriate carrier bloatware automatically using the SIM card provided!
    5. Go ahead and connect the phone via a data transfer cable. You will see a serial COM port in blue connected on top. Now flash Verizon's U firmware
    6. The phone should successfully flash via Odin, and it will reboot
    7. I had gotten into this weird recovery state at first when it rebooted. I forgot the error name on the bottom and was confused at first it was SW REV or something I think. However, I think the reason for this is because the phone doesn't know which carrier setting to apply just yet. There were options to reboot, update from SD card, and more.
    8. Select "reboot" using the power button!
    9. You'll see the AT&T logo as the phone reboots! Not sure why my phone didn't end up erasing, it just updated.

The first thing I see after the apps loaded was... the WiFi calling setup screen... Victory! Thanks to everybody who posted on online forums. And thanks to butchieboy from XDA for the straightforward answer. I hope this helps anybody online looking to do the same thing whether it's their Note 9 or any other device. Good luck!
    Last edited by robertj51; 01-06-2020 at 03:01.