Thread: Galaxy A50 firmware??

Galaxy A50 firmware??

i am trying to recover my phone via pc.

the reason i am trying to force recover is because it seems no matter how many factory resets you do the phone never runs like it did after that initial install, and the a50 is no different and after a few resets and an os upgrade i feel it is time to do a fresh install.

i tried smart switch and i came into a problem were the software does not offer the recovery when your phone is in download mode. i believe i need an older version of smart switch to get it working.

i tried to get the proper info to download the firmware here and use odin, i found the correct firmware but there were multiple options with different product codes, finding out the original product/country code for my specific phone has proven difficult.

i have the Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505G/DS

i would prefer to use smart switch to reflash the phone, so if anybody knows where to get a version of smart switch that works that would be great!!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbar2016 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i am trying to recover my phone via pc.

the reason i am trying to force recover is because it seems no matter how many factory resets you do the phone never runs like it did after that initial install, and the a50 is no different and after a few resets and an os upgrade i feel it is time to do a fresh install.

i tried smart switch and i came into a problem were the software does not offer the recovery when your phone is in download mode. i believe i need an older version of smart switch to get it working.

i tried to get the proper info to download the firmware here and use odin, i found the correct firmware but there were multiple options with different product codes, finding out the original product/country code for my specific phone has proven difficult.

i have the Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505G/DS

i would prefer to use smart switch to reflash the phone, so if anybody knows where to get a version of smart switch that works that would be great!!!
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here? ^HL

here is the pic requested, i do know the pda, and csc.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jbar2016 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    here is the pic requested, i do know the pda, and csc.

Thank you

Flashing the same firmware again won't help; wait till the next update...

You've the latest version, that's why Smart Switch isn't working...

I am not trying to update, i am trying to force pc recovery

Administrator
    I am not trying to update, i am trying to force pc recovery
    You can't update via Smart Switch because you are on the latest firmware already...

Well seems this forum is useless...

I saw something where u can downgrade the software. I have the same version and everything g and it's not.working having network connection problems.

The update can easily solve the internet or other connectivity related issues. If you are facing the issue after an update, then downgrade it. Software updates come with bug fixes which easily solves your smartphone issues. These steps will help you to downgrade or upgrade the smartphone.

Update:
    1. Navigate to the Settings of the smartphone.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Tap on Advanced option.
    4. Select System update.
    5. Now, tap on Check for an update.
    6. If updates are available, then download it.
    7. Remember that you need a proper internet connection and memory space to download the update.

Downgrade OS:
    1. Download ADB & Fastboot on your PC.
    2. Now Enable OEM Unlocking.
    3. Then turn off the device.
    4. Hold the volume down button and power buttons to enable Android’s bootloader menu.
    5. On Windows, locate C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools.
    6. Hold down the shift key, and right-click on the screen on the platform-tools folder.
    7. Then select “Open command window here” option.
    8. So that the Bootloader gets Unlock.
    9. Press the enter button.
    10. To Download and flash the factory Images