Thread: SM-G9880 China version change firmware

Question SM-G9880 China version change firmware

Hi, I live and work in China. I recently bought the S20 Ultra but I'm having some issues with the phone. I have Google installed and I'm using a VPN due to it being blocked but I'm having an issue where Google, Youtube and APKPure have issues connecting to the internet. I've never had this problem with my previous phones. Also due to it coming out with the China firmware is it possible to flash it with the US firmware or Global firmware (if there is global firmware)?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesVe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, I live and work in China. I recently bought the S20 Ultra but I'm having some issues with the phone. I have Google installed and I'm using a VPN due to it being blocked but I'm having an issue where Google, Youtube and APKPure have issues connecting to the internet. I've never had this problem with my previous phones. Also due to it coming out with the China firmware is it possible to flash it with the US firmware or Global firmware (if there is global firmware)?
    Hi there

Unfortunately it's not possible to flash US or Global firmware on your device

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesVe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Mate, as the G9880 model is the same for China, Hong Kong and Taiwan you can use samkey to change the csc from CHC (which is the chinese csc) to TGY (for Hong Kong) or BRI (for Taiwan) and this will change the software to whichever csc you change it to. With the TGY or BRI csc google play etc will be installed as standard for the csc.