Thread: Need help choosing new firmware

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Need help choosing new firmware

I have a phone stuck with old firmware and i want to know what firmware is available for me to download on my device
    and not end up bricking it or losing it's functionality.

thank you

whats the difference between N975U AND N975UI FIRMWARE, I WONT TO KEEP MY UNLOCK PHONE UNLOCK THAT I BROUGHT FROM SAMSUNG

N975U 》 stands for carrier based/locked device(Carrier T&C apply here).

N975U1 (its not UI i think)》 these r US factory unlocked device(no need to unlock)

Sent from Andromeda Galaxy

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPUBGG [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have a phone stuck with old firmware and i want to know what firmware is available for me to download on my device
    and not end up bricking it or losing it's functionality.

thank you
    Hi there

Would be nice if you mention what model phone...

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, run it, go to the firmware tab, screenshot it and post it here?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    here you go. I live in Lebanon. And i purchased my SM-N950F from here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by OPUBGG [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    here you go. I live in Lebanon. And i purchased my SM-N950F from here.
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for CSC THR: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note8
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note8 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

So CSC THR works for Lebanon?
    And thank you for your help.

Administrator
    So CSC THR works for Lebanon?
    And thank you for your help.
    The product-code of your device is THR, Service Provider SW version is also THR/THR/THR, so: this is the correct firmware for your device.

And one more thing, should i use HOME_CSC or CSC because if i can use HOME_CSC it would be better to keep all the data i have.

Administrator
    And one more thing, should i use HOME_CSC or CSC because if i can use HOME_CSC it would be better to keep all the data i have.
    As I mentioned in my previous message:

8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!