Thread: SM-950F Note 8 UK update help

Post SM-950F Note 8 UK update help

Hi,

I have a note 8 (SM-N950F) UK. It's unlocked and is still on Android 8.0.0 and the security patch version is 01/04/2018.

When I try do an OTA update it says I've got the latest version of the software installed. I've downloaded Samsung Smart Switch and and that says "Your device software is up to date: RD7(XEU)

I don't think my note 8 has a OEM version of the rom on it. (When I originally got it, I believe it was on the EE network, but wasn't locked to that network).

I was wondering if anybody can help me with the fact i can't seem to update it to Android version to 9 or update the security software.

The details are:

AP: N950FXXU3CRD7
    CP: N950FXXU3CRB9
    CSC: N950FOXM3CRDC

Don't really know what the above means, but would like to update the ROM to Android 9.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Terry.
    Last edited by telthenipper; 05-05-2020 at 14:42.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by telthenipper [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I have a note 8 (SM-N950F) UK. It's unlocked and is still on Android 8.0.0 and the security patch version is 01/04/2018.

When I try do an OTA update it says I've got the latest version of the software installed. I've downloaded Samsung Smart Switch and and that says "Your device software is up to date: RD7(XEU)

I don't think my note 8 has a OEM version of the rom on it. (When I originally got it, I believe it was on the EE network, but wasn't locked to that network).

I was wondering if anybody can help me with the fact i can't seem to update it to Android version to 9 or update the security software.

The details are:

AP: N950FXXU3CRD7
    CP: N950FXXU3CRB9
    CSC: N950FOXM3CRDC

Don't really know what the above means, but would like to update the ROM to Android 9.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Terry.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

[QUOTE=henklbr;223325]Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?[/QUOTE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20200505-165543_Settings.jpg  
    Last edited by telthenipper; 05-05-2020 at 19:13.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    [QUOTE=telthenipper;223329]
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?[/QUOTE
    Thanks for your screenshot

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware Multi-CSC OXM Note8: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact...

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your Note8
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your Note8 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Many thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I'll give what you suggest a go.

Really don't understand why I can't do it OTA tho', would there be something wrong with my phone to stop OTA update working?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by telthenipper [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Many thanks for that. Much appreciated.

I'll give what you suggest a go.

Really don't understand why I can't do it OTA tho', would there be something wrong with my phone to stop OTA update working?
    Your device was originally meant for the provider TIM in Italy, Current firmware/build on your device was never released for the United Kingdom (XEU): that's why you didn't receive OTA-updates

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Your device was originally meant for the provider TIM in Italy, Current firmware/build on your device was never released for the United Kingdom (XEU): that's why you didn't receive OTA-updates
    Wow, many thanks for that. I bought the phone in the UK from a UK phone supplier, so don't understand why it would be meant for the Italian Market.

If I remember correctly it did do OTA updates, but not anymore. Apparently there are several updates available after the one I have installed.

Very Strange.