Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SM-t820 : firmware without google

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4

    SM-t820 : firmware without google

    Hello, I have a SM-T820 (galaxy tab S3) and with original software it was very slow.

    I read that flashing a chinese rom was giving a much faster device, partly (maybe) because of the absence of google stuff.

    I put the chinese Oreo via Odin and it is indeed much much faster.

    But I'm concerned with chinese spyware that could be there. Is there any other country firmware that would also have no google stuff and less chance of having spyware?


    Thanks

  2. #2
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by nico1375 View Post
    Hello, I have a SM-T820 (galaxy tab S3) and with original software it was very slow.

    I read that flashing a chinese rom was giving a much faster device, partly (maybe) because of the absence of google stuff.

    I put the chinese Oreo via Odin and it is indeed much much faster.

    But I'm concerned with chinese spyware that could be there. Is there any other country firmware that would also have no google stuff and less chance of having spyware?


    Thanks
    Hi there

    Use the firmware that was meant for your device, and don't flash other regions firmware on it

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4
    With original firware there was so much bloatware that could not be uninstalled that the tablet was almost unusable...
    A clean oreo odin flash with my region firmware could improve it?

    Because it was a complete shame in its original software...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4
    is the firmware archive down?

  5. #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by nico1375 View Post
    is the firmware archive down?
    Nope: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...mware/#SM-T820

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    Hi there

    Use the firmware that was meant for your device, and don't flash other regions firmware on it

    Sorry but this is not helping...

    I flashed the intended firmware for my region, gives me the idea to throw the tablet against the wall.
    It's so slow it looks like a basic entry level no name device.

    CHINA version is much much faster... which is normal due to the fact there is almost nothing on it.

    So I am asking one more time : is there a version, NON CHINESE, WITHOUT all the google crap I have no use for on this tablet...

    It's mostly used for drawing and ome netflix (and I don't know if Netflix would work on the chinese version...)

  7. #7
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,626
    Quote Originally Posted by nico1375 View Post
    Sorry but this is not helping...

    I flashed the intended firmware for my region, gives me the idea to throw the tablet against the wall.
    It's so slow it looks like a basic entry level no name device.

    CHINA version is much much faster... which is normal due to the fact there is almost nothing on it.

    So I am asking one more time : is there a version, NON CHINESE, WITHOUT all the google crap I have no use for on this tablet...

    It's mostly used for drawing and ome netflix (and I don't know if Netflix would work on the chinese version...)
    No...

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Just Root it maybe? The stock Lineage OS for example is basically stock Android, and if you don't flash the GApps, then no Google. I have Lineage on my Tab S5e (with Google though) and the Netflix app works fine. Can't speak for the drawing though, as assume you're using the S3 pen? May not work

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •