Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT&T S9+ (G965U) can't get updates

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by humffryy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi guys, I may need your help here.

I'm currently using galaxy s9 plus SM-965U here in africa,Ghana.
    I do not get any updates since last year and my security update shows 1st April 2019.
    Any help to change this and receive regular updates, which firmware should I download here and using Odin. If there is any other way to get it fix,please let me know.
    Software information attached.[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dollow the qouted message: flash the device yourself...

If you don't want to be removed from the forum, than STOP asking the same question 9 times in different threads!

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dollow the qouted message: flash the device yourself...

If you don't want to be removed from the forum, than STOP asking the same question 9 times in different threads!
    Thank for the reply. Soo sorry for multiple questions.

Hello, again.
    OK, so I've downloaded the firmware you specified, but when I start Odin, it shows me the following message:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I'm concerned about 2 parts of this message:

1) "Please be sure to delete your Google account(Samsung account) before downloading the binary" (OK, maybe I'm not SO concerned about this. I can always re-add my Google account), but the next one:

2) "It is not possible to use the device without unlocking"

Might this mean enabling OEM Unlock? I've stumbled across a few articles regarding this issue, and they suggest that this step will be necessary. The problem for me is that, even with Developer Options enabled, this particular setting does not show. Do I need OEM Unlock enabled? Can I proceed without this?
    Last edited by Ordinarygeeksf; 11-05-2020 at 01:25.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarygeeksf [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, again.
    OK, so I've downloaded the firmware you specified, but when I start Odin, it shows me the following message:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I'm concerned about 2 parts of this message:

1) "Please be sure to delete your Google account(Samsung account) before downloading the binary" (OK, maybe I'm not SO concerned about this. I can always re-add my Google account), but the next one:

2) "It is not possible to use the device without unlocking"

Might this mean enabling OEM Unlock? I've stumbled across a few articles regarding this issue, and they suggest that this step will be necessary. The problem for me is that, even with Developer Options enabled, this particular setting does not show. Do I need OEM Unlock enabled? Can I proceed without this?
    Hi there

Ignore that message...

OK, will do. Thanks again! ��

Didn't work, unfortunately. Got all the way to Step 10. It just never completed (I left it for a LONG TIME, too. At least 40 minutes). I think the AT&T version of this phone is locked in a way that other carrier versions aren't. Could it be that "OEM Unlock" setting, which I don't have access to?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinarygeeksf [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Didn't work, unfortunately. Got all the way to Step 10. It just never completed (I left it for a LONG TIME, too. At least 40 minutes). I think the AT&T version of this phone is locked in a way that other carrier versions aren't. Could it be that "OEM Unlock" setting, which I don't have access to?
    Strange: then I'm getting out of options too...

I've been scrolling through your available firmware for the S9+... I can see that you've got builds for Verizon, Comcast, T-Mobile, Sprint... I don't see any for AT&T, though. Are those hiding out under a different name (perhaps the generic "USA" heading, or maybe "Unknown")? Or are they simply not available? Am just wondering.

Administrator
    I've been scrolling through your available firmware for the S9+... I can see that you've got builds for Verizon, Comcast, T-Mobile, Sprint... I don't see any for AT&T, though. Are those hiding out under a different name (perhaps the generic "USA" heading, or maybe "Unknown")? Or are they simply not available? Am just wondering.
    Recent phone models have Multi-CSC firmwares; in the US for the LOCKED version it's OYN, for the UNLOCKED it's OYM

CSC is automatically set by the inserted SIM-card.

Because of the Multi-CSC, you can flash any firmware with the same Multi-CSC as on your phone; by flashing AP BL CP & HOME_CSC your data will stay intact...

Thank you. :-)