Thread: SM-t820 : firmware without google

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SM-t820 : firmware without google

Hello, I have a SM-T820 (galaxy tab S3) and with original software it was very slow.

I read that flashing a chinese rom was giving a much faster device, partly (maybe) because of the absence of google stuff.

I put the chinese Oreo via Odin and it is indeed much much faster.

But I'm concerned with chinese spyware that could be there. Is there any other country firmware that would also have no google stuff and less chance of having spyware?

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nico1375 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, I have a SM-T820 (galaxy tab S3) and with original software it was very slow.

I read that flashing a chinese rom was giving a much faster device, partly (maybe) because of the absence of google stuff.

I put the chinese Oreo via Odin and it is indeed much much faster.

But I'm concerned with chinese spyware that could be there. Is there any other country firmware that would also have no google stuff and less chance of having spyware?

Thanks
    Hi there

Use the firmware that was meant for your device, and don't flash other regions firmware on it

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Use the firmware that was meant for your device, and don't flash other regions firmware on it

Sorry but this is not helping...

I flashed the intended firmware for my region, gives me the idea to throw the tablet against the wall.
    It's so slow it looks like a basic entry level no name device.

CHINA version is much much faster... which is normal due to the fact there is almost nothing on it.

So I am asking one more time : is there a version, NON CHINESE, WITHOUT all the google crap I have no use for on this tablet...

It's mostly used for drawing and ome netflix (and I don't know if Netflix would work on the chinese version...)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nico1375 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Sorry but this is not helping...

I flashed the intended firmware for my region, gives me the idea to throw the tablet against the wall.
    It's so slow it looks like a basic entry level no name device.

CHINA version is much much faster... which is normal due to the fact there is almost nothing on it.

So I am asking one more time : is there a version, NON CHINESE, WITHOUT all the google crap I have no use for on this tablet...

It's mostly used for drawing and ome netflix (and I don't know if Netflix would work on the chinese version...)
    No...

Just Root it maybe? The stock Lineage OS for example is basically stock Android, and if you don't flash the GApps, then no Google. I have Lineage on my Tab S5e (with Google though) and the Netflix app works fine. Can't speak for the drawing though, as assume you're using the S3 pen? May not work

With original firware there was so much bloatware that could not be uninstalled that the tablet was almost unusable...
    A clean oreo odin flash with my region firmware could improve it?

Because it was a complete shame in its original software...

is the firmware archive down?

Administrator
    is the firmware archive down?
    Nope: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]