Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not receiving OTA update - S9

Not receiving OTA update - S9

Hey guys, I found out that a new update was released for the S9 (April security update) for my region (Greece), however I'm not able to download it through OTA. My phone can't find the update and it states that the software is up to date. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 93429980_244422916703076_3239425748104118272_n.jpg   94231232_548154412779779_681979294083186688_n.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fostiras [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey guys, I found out that a new update was released for the S9 (April security update) for my region (Greece), however I'm not able to download it through OTA. My phone can't find the update and it states that the software is up to date. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on? Thank you!
    Hi there

You didn't receive this updates, because your current firmware build was never released for Greece (EUR), but for Austria (DRE).

The Product-code of your device is for Austria...

Do you have experience to flash firmware yourself?

Yes of course I do, through Odin. I've done it in the past. Could you please give me instructions on what firmware I should flash in order to receive updates through ota please?
    Also is it possible to change the product code to EUR to match my country?
    Last edited by fostiras; 16-04-2020 at 14:36.

Administrator
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (not to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Greece (EUR): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (other file not to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact

No, the product-code cannot be changed...

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF your S9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your S9 to your PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

I know how to update my phone through Odin or smartswitch, but I'd like to get OTA updates just like I did on pie. I had EUR firmware on pie and used to get OTA updates just fine, not anymore on 10 unfortunately, they must have made some changes. So is it possible to get the OTA updates working again? Do I have to flash Dre firmware?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by fostiras [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I know how to update my phone through Odin or smartswitch, but I'd like to get OTA updates just like I did on pie. I had EUR firmware on pie and used to get OTA updates just fine, not anymore on 10 unfortunately, they must have made some changes. So is it possible to get the OTA updates working again? Do I have to flash Dre firmware?
    Follow the instructions in my previous message: that's the correct firmware for your device...

When that firmware installed, you'll get OTA again...

I installed the latest firmware update through Odin yesterday, is it looking good? Also are you sure that OTA is going to work? I did the same procedure for the firmware released on march and wasn't able to get OTA for April update.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    I installed the latest firmware update through Odin yesterday, is it looking good? Also are you sure that OTA is going to work? I did the same procedure for the firmware released on march and wasn't able to get OTA for April update.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you installed the firmware from the link in my previous message: yes, you'll receive OTA-updates (don't install firmware for other countries)

Alright but is there any explanation as to why I couldn't get ota updates before? Just wondering because I followed the exact same procedure a month ago, thanks!

Administrator
    Alright but is there any explanation as to why I couldn't get ota updates before? Just wondering because I followed the exact same procedure a month ago, thanks!
    I told you already:

You didn't receive OTA updates, because your previous firmware build was never released for Greece (EUR) (you flashed the wrong firmware)
    Now is the correct firmware on your device, and you'll get OTA-updates if you don't flash wrong firmware yourself again...