Thread: S20 Ultra not receiving OTA updates

Question S20 Ultra not receiving OTA updates

Hi!

I got my new S20 Ultra three weeks ago, and I have yet to receive a single OTA update. Phone is stuck at G988BXXU1ATB2. Per checking in the Firmwares section, there are already three new firmware updates for my device. Is there any way to "push" the updates to my device? If I need to update using Odin, should I use the latest update? Or should I go through the updates one by one?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypoormudblood [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi!

I got my new S20 Ultra three weeks ago, and I have yet to receive a single OTA update. Phone is stuck at G988BXXU1ATB2. Per checking in the Firmwares section, there are already three new firmware updates for my device. Is there any way to "push" the updates to my device? If I need to update using Odin, should I use the latest update? Or should I go through the updates one by one?
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Update, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Hello! Here's what I have.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypoormudblood [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello! Here's what I have.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you go to Software Update, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Hi, did you mean Software Information? Here's what I have. Thanks! [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Hi, did you mean Software Information? Here's what I have. Thanks! [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You did not receive any updates, because your current build on your phone was never released for your current CSC SMA

You'll have to flash your device yourself to the latest firmware, in order to receive OTA again...

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Philippines (SMA): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (other files in archive NOT to be used!) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your device
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your phone to your PC (use ORIGINAL USB-cable)
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You did not receive any updates, because your current build on your phone was never released for your current CSC SMA

You'll have to flash your device yourself to the latest firmware, in order to receive OTA again...

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for Philippines (SMA): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM (other files in archive NOT to be used!) with Odin 3.14.x -> your data will stay intact

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your device
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Hold down Vol-UP & Power; scroll in Recovery to "Boot to Bootloader". Connect your phone to your PC (use ORIGINAL USB-cable)
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.
    This is very helpful. Thank you!