Thread: Flashing Galaxy S7 SM-G930U - ATT Radio file?

Flashing Galaxy S7 SM-G930U - ATT Radio file?

So I just purchased a use Galaxy S7 SM-G930U. Since it's used I want to flash it with the "stock firmware." I don't know anything about the previous owner and if he was into flashing experimental firmwares or was just a normal person doing normal OTA updates. So for my own piece of mind I just want to flash it to stock. I've done an Odin flash before but it's been a few years and need a little refresher. All that said I'm a little unsure which firmware to choose. For the SM-G930U for USA country there's "Virgin Mobile," "Unknown," "USA (ATT)," "USA," "USA (Verison)," etc. Here are my questions:

1. So if I'm planning to use the phone with ATT does that mean I need to select the USA ATT county firmware?
    2. Does that give me the ATT optimized radio file?
    3. In Odin do I need to select re-partition, would that be a carrier change, requiring a re-partition or is the re-partition necessary when flashing the phone to a different carrier model firmware (ex G930A to G930U)?
    4. Is the S7 flashing guide still sufficiently up to date if I just use the version of odin listed with beside the firmware download: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by danielinthelionsden [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So I just purchased a use Galaxy S7 SM-G930U. Since it's used I want to flash it with the "stock firmware." I don't know anything about the previous owner and if he was into flashing experimental firmwares or was just a normal person doing normal OTA updates. So for my own piece of mind I just want to flash it to stock. I've done an Odin flash before but it's been a few years and need a little refresher. All that said I'm a little unsure which firmware to choose. For the SM-G930U for USA country there's "Virgin Mobile," "Unknown," "USA (ATT)," "USA," "USA (Verison)," etc. Here are my questions:

1. So if I'm planning to use the phone with ATT does that mean I need to select the USA ATT county firmware?
    2. Does that give me the ATT optimized radio file?
    3. In Odin do I need to select re-partition, would that be a carrier change, requiring a re-partition or is the re-partition necessary when flashing the phone to a different carrier model firmware (ex G930A to G930U)?
    4. Is the S7 flashing guide still sufficiently up to date if I just use the version of odin listed with beside the firmware download: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Are you sure you've the SM-G930U Model?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Are you sure you've the SM-G930U Model?

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    Yes I'm pretty confident that it's the SM-G930U. Here is the screen shot from the Software information. Please let me know if any addition info is needed. Thanks!

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by danielinthelionsden [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes I'm pretty confident that it's the SM-G930U. Here is the screen shot from the Software information. Please let me know if any addition info is needed. Thanks!

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks

You've the latest firmware available for your device...