Thread: Umm.. No details, how to pick firmware?

Umm.. No details, how to pick firmware?

I've been trying to flash a Verizon branded S9+ (G965USQS7CSI5) to [unbranded] U1 with no luck.

After all the failed attempts and corrupted zip files,I've ended up here, yet I cannot understand the dozens of firmwares offered up to me. The descriptions are lacking. "Unknown" is a short of acceptable description by all means. Furthermore I have no idea if I should be entering my phone's model (U) or the firmware series I intend to flash (U1) when searching. I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Can someone help me make heads or tails of the random, oddly modern uploads listed when I type in U or U1 as a phone model?

Or am I wasting my time? Is my bootloader incompatible with flashing? I have no idea why these things are so poorly communicated, I've flashed plenty of Motorolas in the Razr era and was never left so confused as I am today.

The error I get every time on Odin:
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> abl.elf
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)

Thanks for any help and understanding, I've been spending 3 weeks trying to figure this out, and apparently I'm down to trying random mystery firmwares randomly uploaded to this site at random times by random people for random reasons. I haven't bricked this thing yet but feel it coming.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidHuman View Post
    I've been trying to flash a Verizon branded S9+ (G965USQS7CSI5) to [unbranded] U1 with no luck.

After all the failed attempts and corrupted zip files,I've ended up here, yet I cannot understand the dozens of firmwares offered up to me. The descriptions are lacking. "Unknown" is a short of acceptable description by all means. Furthermore I have no idea if I should be entering my phone's model (U) or the firmware series I intend to flash (U1) when searching. I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Can someone help me make heads or tails of the random, oddly modern uploads listed when I type in U or U1 as a phone model?

Or am I wasting my time? Is my bootloader incompatible with flashing? I have no idea why these things are so poorly communicated, I've flashed plenty of Motorolas in the Razr era and was never left so confused as I am today.

The error I get every time on Odin:
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> abl.elf
    <ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)

Thanks for any help and understanding, I've been spending 3 weeks trying to figure this out, and apparently I'm down to trying random mystery firmwares randomly uploaded to this site at random times by random people for random reasons. I haven't bricked this thing yet but feel it coming.
    Hi there

You CAN'T flash -U1- firmware to a -U- device...