Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oxygen saturation sensor

Exclamation Oxygen saturation sensor

I'm just wandering with all what's going on wolrdwide with Coronavirus, why Samsung does not bring back SpO2 control on his phones/watches via s-health..
    Sensors are already there and they where working till a few months ago, so it should not really be a big problem.
    Would be a very useful feature to have right now.
    I don't konw how to submit a request directly to Samsung, if somebody knows please pass me the info.

It already there my brother use measure stress function it will show you your heart bit as well as saturation level

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

In my Note 10 + galaxy watch active 2 combo s-health shows only stress level, no SpO2
    I had it in my old S7.

Inviato dal mio SM-N970F utilizzando Tapatalk

Below stress level bar there is a heart and a water drop icon the water drop icon is a saturation

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azuccari View Post
    I'm just wandering with all what's going on wolrdwide with Coronavirus, why Samsung does not bring back SpO2 control on his phones/watches via s-health..
    Sensors are already there and they where working till a few months ago, so it should not really be a big problem.
    Would be a very useful feature to have right now.
    I don't konw how to submit a request directly to Samsung, if somebody knows please pass me the info.
    Hi there

Ask Samsung directly in your Samsung Members app

Quote Originally Posted by eyobaaa View Post
    Below stress level bar there is a heart and a water drop icon the water drop icon is a saturation
    Hi, below my stress level bar there aren't hearts or water drops...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    Ask Samsung directly in your Samsung Members app
    I've tried, let's see if they'll answer...

Well, for one, it would require putting utility ahead of profit. Removing it from the phones was probably an attempt to boost sales of watches as feeder devices. Glad I still have my S6 !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dryfire View Post
    Well, for one, it would require putting utility ahead of profit. Removing it from the phones was probably an attempt to boost sales of watches as feeder devices. Glad I still have my S6 !!!!!
    But the problem is they removed it from S-Health! (How can you see it from your S6 BTW?)
    I have a watch that measures Stress (what serves me stress monitoring I don't know).
    To measure this so called stress they combine BPM and SpO2 measurements. I just want to be able to read the SpO2 measurements!

After the fact .....

H'mmm ............

After all possible updates stopped, I did root the two S6 phones I still have, which blocks future automatic updates from Samsung, and make the necessary adjustment in build.prop to allow S-Health to launch. One of them finds the O2 sensor in "Stress" under Samsung Health. It began life in Hong Kong (9200). The other one still shows O2 saturation as a separate item. It began life in the EU (920F). Why the difference ? Who knows.?? NOTE:; rooting and related activities are unsupported on this site, for good reasons, so if you see this post, you are proceeding at your own risk into a potentially dark place. The risks often outweigh the potential rewards if one does not know what they are doing. Proceed with caution. XDA is (over)loaded with relevant information (as well as a lot of junk). Good Luck.