Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my S7edge bricked or broken?

Is my S7edge bricked or broken?

Had been rooted my phone before, didn't like it because I couldn't use my banking apps. Back to official firmware via Kies, been using for few months... no problem until yesterday. I charged my phone up to 92%, I unplugged and unlocked my phone, it restarted itself then never come back live again.

I used Smart Switch for another stock firmware flashing with no luck. The software skipped downloading from 85% to 100% immediately, it was ok installing system update on Smart Switch but when the phone completed and restarted, on the screen it shown "erasing" and "installing system up to 32%", it won't get pass above 32% except a blue dead android with loading icon, it freezes every time.

Full Album here, so you might get some ideas of what's going on...
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] Download mode

I went to Samsung store yesterday, however once they see knox has been tripped, they refused to fix my phone unless I pay for a new motherboard which will cost me 220.

I have been trying to flash any official firmware using both Smart Switch, Samsung Kies and Odin, Android 6.0 or 7.0 and every tools lead to blue led black screen or boot looping. I have tried at least 10 times of each methods, even ADB mode, but ADB won't offer much choices except 'adb sideload' commands but it verify each package. So I cannot install TWRP recovery and so on... Odin won't install TWRP recovery as well, it failed every time.

It is sad to see this phone die on me. I have never dropped this phone and it has 0 scratch on it... still looks brand new! If anyone of you could help me out getting this baby alive, I could pay you little money.
    Thanks for your time!

Your problems seem to have started with the root method you used.
    Did you install Superuser?
    Try this one if you can install it:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

if that does not help, can you root again but with the more reliable cf-autoroot file

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Oh hi! Thanks replying, I couldn't boot my phone anymore, so no chance installing apk anymore. Tried autoroot u mentioned, but failed just like TWRP.

Can you post the Odin log as it may give some clues as to why it failed.

Not a lot to go on here and so any information will help.
    Any messages on your phone for example.

can you get into Download Mode?
    Can you get into Recovery Mode?
    can you get into SAFE MODE?

Here's the Odin log flashing autoroot
    <ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-hero2lte-hero2ltexx-smg935f.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1005)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> recovery.img
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> cache.img
    <ID:0/004> FAIL!
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock on my mobile

Yes, I can get into Download mode, sometimes recovery mode but not safe mode since it won't boot into os anymore

Custom Binary (RECOVERY) Blocked By FRP Lock
    here is your problem.
    Before you rooted your phone it looks like you didn't activate Developer Options and select OEM unlock.
    In Download Mode FRP is on.

This should be recoverable just by downloading and installing firmware with Odin.
    But the S7 firmware unzips to 5 files and you have to use 4 of them as described here:
    https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30800

Tried it just now, everything went successfully. But it stucks on Samsung Logo and reset a few times ended up having a blue led with black screen, at this time I won't be able to do anything except wait for battery to drain. Assuming it's a dead motherboard...
    Should I try some options in Odin? Nano Wipe etc?

Quote Originally Posted by dagiccross [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Tried it just now, everything went successfully. But it stucks on Samsung Logo and reset a few times ended up having a blue led with black screen, at this time I won't be able to do anything except wait for battery to drain. Assuming it's a dead motherboard...
    Should I try some options in Odin? Nano Wipe etc?
    This is proving to be more of a problem than I would have expected.
    This does suggest that there may be a hardware problem.

May be time for a service centre visit.

Phone has rooted before, went to Samsung store they said it will cost me 220 for a new motherboard... guess I will skip this one
    It's a paperweight now, thought it wouldn't happen to me, phone is still looks literally brand new :x

hey greenman please suggest safe and successful root method for s7 edge snapdragon chipset