Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: T-Mobile software on AT&T Note 10+

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5

    T-Mobile software on AT&T Note 10+

    Hi
    I bought a Note 10+ from someone and then unlocked it. I have T-Mobile as carrier. I can use it with t-mobile. But I am reading there are some features that wont work even with this generation of phones. Such as VoLTE and Video Chat and may be small other features . Also Voice mail default T-mobile app wont work either.

    When I search I find many people have Flashed their phones with T-Mo firmware on Samsung unlocked devices. But i could not find any reference to T-Mo downloaded on a AT&T device.
    Also I went to Samsung repair center locally and they tried but it did not work. They could not proceed after certain point. And I got my phone back booting with AT&T logo.

    Any suggestions. If it is possible to wipe out AT&T from it and make it a T-Mobile operating system.
    If not I will sell it since I got it on a great price. Its almost new, Less than a month old and hardly used.
    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by navneetdutta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi
    I bought a Note 10+ from someone and then unlocked it. I have T-Mobile as carrier. I can use it with t-mobile. But I am reading there are some features that wont work even with this generation of phones. Such as VoLTE and Video Chat and may be small other features . Also Voice mail default T-mobile app wont work either.

    When I search I find many people have Flashed their phones with T-Mo firmware on Samsung unlocked devices. But i could not find any reference to T-Mo downloaded on a AT&T device.
    Also I went to Samsung repair center locally and they tried but it did not work. They could not proceed after certain point. And I got my phone back booting with AT&T logo.

    Any suggestions. If it is possible to wipe out AT&T from it and make it a T-Mobile operating system.
    If not I will sell it since I got it on a great price. Its almost new, Less than a month old and hardly used.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi there

    Could you go to "Software Info" on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Here you go. Please find attached.
    Also I read somewhere that I will need to flash U1 version first that is for Samsung Unlocked devices then insert T-Mo sim when rebooting so that it registers the Network and then flash U version of software.
    I can see the software versions here but dont know the basic steps to how to start. I can do if given instructions as I am in software line but old school. Also is it safe, or are there any chances that the phone wont be usable at all if anything goes wrong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Note10-2.jpg   Note10-1.jpg  
    Last edited by navneetdutta; 20-02-2020 at 14:52.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by navneetdutta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here you go. Please find attached.
    Also I read somewhere that I will need to flash U1 version first that is for Samsung Unlocked devices then insert T-Mo sim when rebooting so that it registers the Network and then flash U version of software.
    I can see the software versions here but dont know the basic steps to how to start. I can do if given instructions as I am in software line but old school. Also is it safe, or are there any chances that the phone wont be usable at all if anything goes wrong.
    Thanks

    You've an AT&T LOCKED phone; you can't change it to T-Mobile

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    But I factory unlocked it by paying $15 at a website which they say is permanent unlocked and my T-Mo sim works on it.
    Last edited by navneetdutta; 20-02-2020 at 15:35.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by navneetdutta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    But I factory unlocked it by paying $15 at a website which they say is permanent unlocked and my T-Mo sim works on it.
    The CSC on your device is still ATT: that's why you've ATT apps on your device...

    But: you can't have VoLTE and other things, because your device is still ATT and not T-Mobile

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    That was my initial question. Can I remove everything of AT&T from this phone and get T-Mobile system on this phone.
    I have read forums where people are changing their Unlocked Samsung devices to T-Mobile or AT&T devices by flashing the carrier software on it.
    Is it possible with my phone Note 10+ which is AT&T unlocked to get AT&T software removed and get T-Mobile software installed.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,538
    Quote Originally Posted by navneetdutta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    That was my initial question. Can I remove everything of AT&T from this phone and get T-Mobile system on this phone.
    I have read forums where people are changing their Unlocked Samsung devices to T-Mobile or AT&T devices by flashing the carrier software on it.
    Is it possible with my phone Note 10+ which is AT&T unlocked to get AT&T software removed and get T-Mobile software installed.
    No, you can't...

    When it was possible, then Software Serviceprovider (Software Info) was not ATT/ATT/ATT, but at least ATT/TMB/ATT

    Your phone is ATT branded and that cannot be changed

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    ok Thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •