Thread: Missing S10 January and February security updates SM-G9730

Missing S10 January and February security updates SM-G9730

I have the S10 SM-G9730 which is still on Android patch level 1st December 2019. When I check for updates, it's says I'm on the latest version. I have not had the January or February updates. When I check my model in Firmware on Sammobile, it also confirms the last release was at the end of December.

My partner has a S10, different model, and just got the February security update today.

I don't like walking about with an unpatched phone.

Any thoughts on how to get more timely security updates? In another thread, we already ruled out me installing firmware for a different model.

Simon

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by simon255uk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have the S10 SM-G9730 which is still on Android patch level 1st December 2019. When I check for updates, it's says I'm on the latest version. I have not had the January or February updates. When I check my model in Firmware on Sammobile, it also confirms the last release was at the end of December.

My partner has a S10, different model, and just got the February security update today.

I don't like walking about with an unpatched phone.

Any thoughts on how to get more timely security updates? In another thread, we already ruled out me installing firmware for a different model.

Simon

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

We don't have release dates of firmware updates

May I ask why you've a Hong Kong-device, and not the one meant for the UK?

Hey henklbr,

I bought my phone online. It happened to be an international model. I have been getting the updates each month, however the Hong Kong version always seems to get the updates "very late in the month".