Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: S9 plus not receiving OTA after moving to another country

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5

    S9 plus not receiving OTA after moving to another country

    Hi,
    I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

    In sw information Service Provider SW version shows
    SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073
    .......
    ATT/ATT/ATT

    As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

    In sw information Service Provider SW version shows
    SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073
    .......
    ATT/ATT/ATT

    As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.
    Thanks.
    Hi there

    I'm afraid you can't...

    The only way to update your device, is flashing the firmware yourself (with Odin)...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    6
    But flashing legit firmware releases with Odin doesn't trigger the Knox counter. It's just flashing, not rooting.
    So maybe it doesn't be recognized by companies mobile management tools.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    I'm afraid you can't...

    The only way to update your device, is flashing the firmware yourself (with Odin)...
    Thank you for the answer. What will be the legitimacy status of the device after that? Would I need to flash with an AT&T update? Could I flash with a non AT&T and if yes, which one? Is there a path so that after I flash it, I would then start receiving OTA updates? and again after that what would the legitimacy status be?

    Thank you for your help!

  5. #5
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for the answer. What will be the legitimacy status of the device after that? Would I need to flash with an AT&T update? Could I flash with a non AT&T and if yes, which one? Is there a path so that after I flash it, I would then start receiving OTA updates? and again after that what would the legitimacy status be?

    Thank you for your help!
    Could you install this app on your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    When installed, go to the firmware-tab, screenshot it and post it here?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you install this app on your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    When installed, go to the firmware-tab, screenshot it and post it here?
    This is the information displayed on the firmware tab....

    Product Code SM-G965UZKAATT
    PDA G965USQS2ARF4
    CSC G965UOYN2ARF4
    Baseband G965USQS2ARF4
    Bootloader G965USQS2ARF4

    I also went to see the list of firmware in the download section and couldn't see AT&T

    Thank you for your help!

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is the information displayed on the firmware tab....

    Product Code SM-G965UZKAATT
    PDA G965USQS2ARF4
    CSC G965UOYN2ARF4
    Baseband G965USQS2ARF4
    Bootloader G965USQS2ARF4

    I also went to see the list of firmware in the download section and couldn't see AT&T

    Thank you for your help!
    You can install this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> data will stay intact

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You can install this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> data will stay intact

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.
    Thank you so much!!

    Could you please confirm what the status of the legitimacy will be after (e.g. KNOX counter, Rooted or not, and any other relevant aspect)?

    Could you please tell me the best way to have a full backup that contains everything including settings, data, etc. (i.e. snapshot like), that I can take before and restore the phone just in case?

    Many thanks for your help!!

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,614
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you so much!!

    Could you please confirm what the status of the legitimacy will be after (e.g. KNOX counter, Rooted or not, and any other relevant aspect)?

    Could you please tell me the best way to have a full backup that contains everything including settings, data, etc. (i.e. snapshot like), that I can take before and restore the phone just in case?

    Many thanks for your help!!
    As this is OFFICIAL firmware, KNOX will not be tripped.

    I backup always with Smart Switch. But if you flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files not to be used), your data will stay intact...

    Be sure, to use the ORIGINAL USB-cable

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As this is OFFICIAL firmware, KNOX will not be tripped.

    I backup always with Smart Switch. But if you flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files not to be used), your data will stay intact...

    Be sure, to use the ORIGINAL USB-cable
    Thank you so much!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •