Thread: S9 plus not receiving OTA after moving to another country

S9 plus not receiving OTA after moving to another country

Hi,
    I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

In sw information Service Provider SW version shows
    SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073
    ATT/ATT/ATT

As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.
    Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

In sw information Service Provider SW version shows
    SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073
    ATT/ATT/ATT

As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.
    Thanks.
    Hi there

I'm afraid you can't...

The only way to update your device, is flashing the firmware yourself (with Odin)...

But flashing legit firmware releases with Odin doesn't trigger the Knox counter. It's just flashing, not rooting.
    So maybe it doesn't be recognized by companies mobile management tools.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

I'm afraid you can't...

The only way to update your device, is flashing the firmware yourself (with Odin)...
    Thank you for the answer. What will be the legitimacy status of the device after that? Would I need to flash with an AT&T update? Could I flash with a non AT&T and if yes, which one? Is there a path so that after I flash it, I would then start receiving OTA updates? and again after that what would the legitimacy status be?

Thank you for your help!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dporcheret [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for the answer. What will be the legitimacy status of the device after that? Would I need to flash with an AT&T update? Could I flash with a non AT&T and if yes, which one? Is there a path so that after I flash it, I would then start receiving OTA updates? and again after that what would the legitimacy status be?

Thank you for your help!
    Could you install this app on your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, go to the firmware-tab, screenshot it and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you install this app on your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, go to the firmware-tab, screenshot it and post it here?
    This is the information displayed on the firmware tab....

Product Code SM-G965UZKAATT
    PDA G965USQS2ARF4
    CSC G965UOYN2ARF4
    Baseband G965USQS2ARF4
    Bootloader G965USQS2ARF4

I also went to see the list of firmware in the download section and couldn't see AT&T

Thank you for your help!

Administrator
    This is the information displayed on the firmware tab....

Product Code SM-G965UZKAATT
    PDA G965USQS2ARF4
    CSC G965UOYN2ARF4
    Baseband G965USQS2ARF4
    Bootloader G965USQS2ARF4

I also went to see the list of firmware in the download section and couldn't see AT&T

Thank you for your help!
    You can install this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> data will stay intact

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

You can install this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x -> data will stay intact

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.
    Thank you so much!!

Could you please confirm what the status of the legitimacy will be after (e.g. KNOX counter, Rooted or not, and any other relevant aspect)?

Could you please tell me the best way to have a full backup that contains everything including settings, data, etc. (i.e. snapshot like), that I can take before and restore the phone just in case?

Many thanks for your help!!

Administrator
    Thank you so much!!

Could you please confirm what the status of the legitimacy will be after (e.g. KNOX counter, Rooted or not, and any other relevant aspect)?

Could you please tell me the best way to have a full backup that contains everything including settings, data, etc. (i.e. snapshot like), that I can take before and restore the phone just in case?

Many thanks for your help!!
    As this is OFFICIAL firmware, KNOX will not be tripped.

I backup always with Smart Switch. But if you flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files not to be used), your data will stay intact...

Be sure, to use the ORIGINAL USB-cable

As this is OFFICIAL firmware, KNOX will not be tripped.

I backup always with Smart Switch. But if you flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files not to be used), your data will stay intact...

Be sure, to use the ORIGINAL USB-cable
    Thank you so much!!!