Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to procced with CSC change on my Samsung S9?

How to procced with CSC change on my Samsung S9?

Greetings,

I want to change my Samsung firmware to my home country one.
    Currently running TMH (Hungary/T-Mobile) and the Service provider SW ver. info is TMH/TMH, TMH/TMH (Dual SIM)

I am downloading BHT BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (BH TELECOM) with PDA G960FXXU7DTAA and CSC G960FBHT7DTAA.
    I also have Odin downloaded.

Before proceeding I will save data.
    What are my next moves?
    Do you need more info before helping me?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfella [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Greetings,

I want to change my Samsung firmware to my home country one.
    Currently running TMH (Hungary/T-Mobile) and the Service provider SW ver. info is TMH/TMH, TMH/TMH (Dual SIM)

I am downloading BHT BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA (BH TELECOM) with PDA G960FXXU7DTAA and CSC G960FBHT7DTAA.
    I also have Odin downloaded.

Before proceeding I will save data.
    What are my next moves?
    Do you need more info before helping me?
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC: [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (NOT to be used, just for the drivers)
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest BHT firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.1
    5. Power OFF S9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them hold down the POWER button. Connect to PC with ORIGINAL USB-cable
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP & CSC_BHT in CSC) (HOME_CSC NOT to be used)
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

After flashing, your device will RESET which is mandatory!

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

What are the possible risks involved?

Except the possibility of bricking it?

Here are some screenshots if you want them:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfella [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    What are the possible risks involved?

Except the possibility of bricking it?
    If you do exactly what I send to you, there are no risks...

If I want to completely reset phone with CSC change, I use CSC_xxx

If I want to keep data after that reset, I use HOME_CSC?

Is that correct?
    Do I need to wipe cache partition or something after flashing is done?

Is that correct?
    Yes, but using the Home_CSC while applying a firmware update with an other country code is a bad idea. You will end in allocatable problems sooner or later.

There are multi CSC files for more then one country. You will identify them by comparing the CSC files partially name from your source and destination firmware: G960FBHTxxxxx If this red part is the same, you can apply the Home_CSS and keep your data.
    OXM is such an example: [ Login above or register to see download links. ] You can update between unbranded french (XEF), german (DBT), UK (BTU) firmware without the need to setting up the phone from scratch.

Personally i do so "wipe factory reset" and "wipe cache" bevore and after the odin flash. This may be over-cautious. As I think updating a CSC and note a Home_CSC force this by itself while first start.

Administrator
    If I want to completely reset phone with CSC change, I use CSC_xxx

If I want to keep data after that reset, I use HOME_CSC?

Is that correct?
    You MUST use CSC_BHT and NOT HOME_CSC -> this is mandatory!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HsqcRQF5 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes, but using the Home_CSC while applying a firmware update with an other country code is a bad idea. You will end in allocatable problems sooner or later.

There are multi CSC files for more then one country. You will identify them by comparing the CSC files partially name from your source and destination firmware: G960FBHTxxxxx If this red part is the same, you can apply the Home_CSS and keep your data.
    OXM is such an example: [ Login above or register to see download links. ] You can update between unbranded french (XEF), german (DBT), UK (BTU) firmware without the need to setting up the phone from scratch.

Personally i do so "wipe factory reset" and "wipe cache" bevore and after the odin flash. This may be over-cautious. As I think updating a CSC and note a Home_CSC force this by itself while first start.
    DON'T GIVE WRONG INFORMATION!!!

He has to use CSC_BHT because he want's to change his device from T-Mobile Hungary (TMH) BRANDED to UN-BRANDED BHT...

That's why he has to use CSC-BHT, to get the correct configuration installed (and the automatic reset afterwards is MANDATORY!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    DON'T GIVE WRONG INFORMATION!!!
    He has to use CSC_BHT because he want's to change his device from T-Mobile Hungary (TMH) BRANDED to UN-BRANDED BHT...
    That's why he has to use CSC-BHT, to get the correct configuration installed (and the automatic reset afterwards is MANDATORY!!!)
    Sorry for this missunderstanding. I thought i gave him exactly the answer not using the home one (plus some background info). Maybe i said this not clear enough.