Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firmware download appears to download a 2.0GB file, but is actually empty when done

Question Firmware download appears to download a 2.0GB file, but is actually empty when done

I've downloaded from sammobile before without a problem. Now when I tried to download G973U1 XAA files: G973U1OYM2BSI4 it just looks like it's downloading (quicker than normal), windows says it has completed the 2.0+ GB file, but when trying to extract the zip it is actually empty. There was nothing downloaded. I tried this twice.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rootmagic [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've downloaded from sammobile before without a problem. Now when I tried to download G973U1 XAA files: G973U1OYM2BSI4 it just looks like it's downloading (quicker than normal), windows says it has completed the 2.0+ GB file, but when trying to extract the zip it is actually empty. There was nothing downloaded. I tried this twice.

Any thoughts? Thanks
    Hi there

Do you have a link to the file on our site you're trying to download?

Hi, yes here it is:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by rootmagic [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, yes here it is:

May I ask why you need this firmware? If you're trying to DOWN-grade your S10 -> that's NOT possible due to security reasons...

I'm not downgrading. I'm already on bootloader version 2 currently on a G973U. I just want the firmware for the G973U1 (unbranded) so I can flash and not have to deal with all this carrier bloatware in the US.

Can you tell me why the software that link is not working properly? Why does it download a blank package?

I usually find sammobile reliable and I do enjoy using the site.

Thanks

Administrator
    I'm not downgrading. I'm already on bootloader version 2 currently on a G973U. I just want the firmware for the G973U1 (unbranded) so I can flash and not have to deal with all this carrier bloatware in the US.

Can you tell me why the software that link is not working properly? Why does it download a blank package?

I usually find sammobile reliable and I do enjoy using the site.

Thanks
    Hi there

Before you proceed: you can't flash -U1- firmware to a -U- device...

Someone did this already before, and he got a LOT of errors after flashing...

I reported the file is incomplete to our database-manger: it'll be corrected as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Before you proceed: you can't flash -U1- firmware to a -U- device...

Someone did this already before, and he got a LOT of errors after flashing...

I reported the file is incomplete to our database-manger: it'll be corrected as soon as possible
    Well, regarding U1 to U and vice versa, you may want to talk to the smart guys over at xda developers as we've all been doing this for years.

I didn't expect so many inquiries as to why I want a particular file. It's there for downloading. Thank you!

Thanks for letting the database manager know, hopefully it is back up soon!

Administrator
    Well, regarding U1 to U and vice versa, you may want to talk to the smart guys over at xda developers as we've all been doing this for years.

I didn't expect so many inquiries as to why I want a particular file. It's there for downloading. Thank you!

Thanks for letting the database manager know, hopefully it is back up soon!
    We never will advise to flash different models firmware. it's probably done by a "patched version" of Odin, what we don't support either...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    We never will advise to flash different models firmware. it's probably done by a "patched version" of Odin, what we don't support either...
    Ok, fair point. Let me know when the file is back up, we love this site, I think this is the first time I've seen files unavailable on here. Do you think it will be restored within the next 3 business days?

Administrator
    Ok, fair point. Let me know when the file is back up, we love this site, I think this is the first time I've seen files unavailable on here. Do you think it will be restored within the next 3 business days?
    We'll try to get it as soon as possible...