Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S8 Plus Help

Premium Member

S8 Plus Help

I've had a look at the available firmware files and wanted to double check I've chosen the correct file(s).

Is this the correct firmware, pic below;
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

My phone info, pic below;
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I'm confused as to what needs to be the same, baseband or build number?
    All I want to do is to remove all network branding as if it was a Sim Free Device (my phone is network unlocked).

Many thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaVerZ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've had a look at the available firmware files and wanted to double check I've chosen the correct file(s).

Is this the correct firmware, pic below;

My phone info, pic below;
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I'm confused as to what needs to be the same, baseband or build number?
    All I want to do is to remove all network branding as if it was a Sim Free Device (my phone is network unlocked).

Many thanks in advance.
    Hi there

Could you go into your dialer, type *#1234#, screenshot it and post it here?

Premium Member
    @henklbr - Here you go;

Many thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaVerZ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @henklbr - Here you go;

Many thanks
    Thank you; your device is from carrier "3"? Is this the carrier your SIM is from?

Premium Member
    Yes, this has a Three Sim but is also a phone from Three which is network unlocked.

Administrator
    Yes, this has a Three Sim but is also a phone from Three which is network unlocked.
    Then I think it's the best you keep this firmware (to get the best out of the network functions like i.e. VoLTE, VoWiFi etc...)

Premium Member
    Ah okay, thanks. I'll stick to what I have now then.

Can you remove network branded splash screens without root?

Thanks again.....
    Last edited by ShaVerZ; 26-01-2020 at 11:58.

Premium Member
    I hope you don't mind me asking but why would WiFi Calling and VoLTE not be available if I flashed a sim-free rom? Does it have something to do with the network lock (whether unlocked or not)?

I ask because i have a sim-free S8 Plus and S10e and they both have these features.....

Administrator
    I hope you don't mind me asking but why would WiFi Calling and VoLTE not be available if I flashed a sim-free rom? Does it have something to do with the network lock (whether unlocked or not)?

I ask because i have a sim-free S8 Plus and S10e and they both have these features.....
    It's possible it won't work, am not sure in this...

You've to find out for yourself by flashing unbranded firmware (but that's your own responsibility)...

Premium Member
    Thanks, I could try a different firmware and go back to the original firmware right or will this be an issue?

If I decided to flash a new rom, is the firmware I mentioned the correct one?

I'm undecided and it may not be worth risking but depends if I can rollback the firmware to get the WiFi Calling and VoLTE back.....