Thread: Updating SM-G970U from ATT firmware to TMO firmware (unlocking)

Updating SM-G970U from ATT firmware to TMO firmware (unlocking)

I have an ATT S10e that is unlocked by ATT. I'm currently using with Tmobile and considering upgrading the firmware to Tmobile firmware. I'm curious if I install the TMO firmware, will the phone become locked to TMO and will it need to be unlocked again. The ATT and TMO locking process is different, so my concern is TMO may not be able to unlock even though on TMO firmware because it is not in their database since the phone was an ATT phone. Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cabb2000 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have an ATT S10e that is unlocked by ATT. I'm currently using with Tmobile and considering upgrading the firmware to Tmobile firmware. I'm curious if I install the TMO firmware, will the phone become locked to TMO and will it need to be unlocked again. The ATT and TMO locking process is different, so my concern is TMO may not be able to unlock even though on TMO firmware because it is not in their database since the phone was an ATT phone. Thanks!
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom, and post it here?

See below. Thanks.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cabb2000 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    See below. Thanks.

Thanks, but that's not the whole info

I want to see the info "Software Serviceprovider"...

Doh...here you go.

Administrator
    Doh...here you go.

Hi there

What SIM was in your device when you made this screenshot?

There's no specific T-Mobile firmware; ATT & TMB are both part of Multi-CSC OYN

It's a Tmobile sim. The phone was purchased from ATT, used on their network and then unlocked by them prior to moving to Tmobile. Firmware should be standard ATT, but maybe old since Tmobile isn't updating other providers firmware. Thanks!

Administrator
    It's a Tmobile sim. The phone was purchased from ATT, used on their network and then unlocked by them prior to moving to Tmobile. Firmware should be standard ATT, but maybe old since Tmobile isn't updating other providers firmware. Thanks!
    The firmware is indeed "old"...

This is the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN with Odin 3.14.1 (other files in archive NOT to be used!): your data will stay intact...

Thanks! Going back to your previous comment. The boot screen shows the ATT logo, so there must be some difference between the two software versions. Is more correct to say the Android versions are different as opposed to the firmware versions?

Administrator
    Thanks! Going back to your previous comment. The boot screen shows the ATT logo, so there must be some difference between the two software versions. Is more correct to say the Android versions are different as opposed to the firmware versions?
    That's because you've an AT&T branded device...