Thread: S10+ Change country

S10+ Change country

Hi

For various reasons being the most prominent the fact that in my country (Portugal) many services are still unavailable .. I was thinking of changing my phones firmware to UK's firmware. I just don't know if it is possible without messing knox or any other kind of problems.

Anyone here has enough experience and/or knowledge to know if this is possible? If so should it clean flash it? Or just dirty flash it?

NOTE: Although I have some experience with custom roms and odin.. the experience is from the time of my S4.. so I'm kind of rusty.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help..

Cheers

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Subray [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi

For various reasons being the most prominent the fact that in my country (Portugal) many services are still unavailable .. I was thinking of changing my phones firmware to UK's firmware. I just don't know if it is possible without messing knox or any other kind of problems.

Anyone here has enough experience and/or knowledge to know if this is possible? If so should it clean flash it? Or just dirty flash it?

NOTE: Although I have some experience with custom roms and odin.. the experience is from the time of my S4.. so I'm kind of rusty.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help..

Cheers
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom, and post it here?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom, and post it here?
    I assume the info your looking for is the service provider. It's TCL/TCL, TCL/TCL
    but here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Subray [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I assume the info your looking for is the service provider. It's TCL/TCL, TCL/TCL
    but here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

Your device is Vodafone-branded and probably CSC-locked...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thanks for your screenshot

Your device is Vodafone-branded and probably CSC-locked...
    True.. forgot about that part.. After 18months I can freely unlock it.. do you think it can be done by then?

Administrator
    True.. forgot about that part.. After 18months I can freely unlock it.. do you think it can be done by then?
    I really don't know...

What I do know, someone tried to flash UN-locked firmware from Vodafone to Netherlands un-branded, and it didn't work!

Don't you have to get a unlock code from the old service provider Vodafone then you can

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

OVF is Europe multi-CSC, means it's not network-locked, only Portugal Vodafone branded ROM with some bloatwares, I guess.
    Anything in particular that it's not working on the current firmware?
    My case is Samsung Pay won't work using a Korean branded firmware as the CSC is OKR_LUC + LUC/LUC/LUC on G977N.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by xyes [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    OVF is Europe multi-CSC, means it's not network-locked, only Portugal Vodafone branded ROM with some bloatwares, I guess.
    Anything in particular that it's not working on the current firmware?
    My case is Samsung Pay won't work using a Korean branded firmware as the CSC is OKR_LUC + LUC/LUC/LUC on G977N.
    Don't give wrong info...

OVF is the Multi-CSC for Vodafone-branded phones...