Thread: Unlocked Sprint Galaxy S9+

Question Unlocked Sprint Galaxy S9+

I have an unlocked sprint galaxy s9+ phone which has android 8.0 update and I am unable to get its updates so can I update it manually using Odin? Also its model is SM-G965U so can I update it using SM-G965U1 ROM? as the U1 stands for unlocked phone and my phone is already unlocked?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaharyar10 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have an unlocked sprint galaxy s9+ phone which has android 8.0 update and I am unable to get its updates so can I update it manually using Odin? Also its model is SM-G965U so can I update it using SM-G965U1 ROM? as the U1 stands for unlocked phone and my phone is already unlocked?
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom, and post it here?

No: you can't flash -U1- firmware on a -U- device...

Yeah sure here is the screenshot of software info.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaharyar10 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yeah sure here is the screenshot of software info.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN with Odin 3.14.x (other files in archive NOT to be used). Your data will stay intact...

Great thank you so much for that. Can you kindly also let me know how can I remove Sprint based apps from the phone because whenever I reboot my device Sprint activation screen comes up with its OMADM notification.
    Also I am not actually on Sprint and I am not in the US, then why can't I use unbranded US firmware that doesn't contain any carrier branding or apps and have to use that mentioned firmware which is also Sprint based?
    Last edited by Shaharyar10; 22-01-2020 at 23:47.