Thread: S8+ with 12/10 update. Need a fresh flash, but have questions.

S8+ with 12/10 update. Need a fresh flash, but have questions.

SM-G955U1 (XAA)
    G955U1UES7DSL2
    G955U1OYM7DSL2

Had phone since purchase, bought brand new.
    Came factory unlocked, direct from Samsung USA.

Questions:
    Will installing the listed firmware, written over the same firmware version Samsung recently did, via OTA... will it look the same in every way, and not be detectable by Samsung or?
    Will everything be wiped, like all partitions, let's say, a hacker created?
    Will functionality be just like factory?
    Is the firmware here exactly like the OE file?
    Or, is it something different?
    If so, what all is different btwn the two?
    Like, if one file done at a local Samsung repair shop over one done with odin and the firmware files?Lastly, is there anything preventing me from installing the latest file, being the same version from here?
    Or, any side effects one may face if using this file via odin over factory file by samsung dealer?

Sorry for all the questions, or if any aren't forum friendly. TIA!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by John2259 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    SM-G955U1 (XAA)
    G955U1UES7DSL2
    G955U1OYM7DSL2

Had phone since purchase, bought brand new.
    Came factory unlocked, direct from Samsung USA.

Questions:
    Will installing the listed firmware, written over the same firmware version Samsung recently did, via OTA... will it look the same in every way, and not be detectable by Samsung or?
    Will everything be wiped, like all partitions, let's say, a hacker created?
    Will functionality be just like factory?
    Is the firmware here exactly like the OE file?
    Or, is it something different?
    If so, what all is different btwn the two?
    Like, if one file done at a local Samsung repair shop over one done with odin and the firmware files?Lastly, is there anything preventing me from installing the latest file, being the same version from here?
    Or, any side effects one may face if using this file via odin over factory file by samsung dealer?

Sorry for all the questions, or if any aren't forum friendly. TIA!
    Hi there

Why do you want to flash your device?

Files on this site are OFFICIAL firmwares directly from the Samsung Servers...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Why do you want to flash your device?

Files on this site are OFFICIAL firmwares directly from the Samsung Servers...
    It is grossly compromised, for a fact. I don't know if the flash will remove the several drives someone added for instant/constant intrusion ability. Every factory reset cannot remove it, or stop the instant indyrusion done right after every phone wipe.

FTC complaint has yet to do anything about this. Yesterday, an AT&T rep was shown how someone wa typing my pw in the pw field, clicking heard and was was being done in front of us, right after turning the phone on, and the AT&T guy was like WTF!!! Call the FBI!!!

This is no longer funny. Not only gross privacy molestation, but they cost me many jobs now, and so much worse is about to happen, due to not working 8 months now.

My ex banging DT (dude in link on her recently viewed list, only two losers to view the scank) and TB called my home one day, caller pic taken, with date and time, when no one has my home number, but my ex. Total idiots, having left a trace, or purposely for me to see?

Even my poor daughter was told by one of them, after he banged my ex in the bedroom, that he was hacking me and showed her, she said. FTC doing anything? Not yet, cuz and they have not stopped since filing.

Just last night, someone got in my sister's phone and turned on her cam, saw her cam light turn on, but no image of anything from cam.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I need to wipe the phone of every binary, and install a fresh flash, and find and add some prog to stop them from regaining access, since they go through Norton and the vpn like nothing, or they won't stop their intrusion snd F'n my life.

They have cost me 5 jobs now. Damaging my poor young girls, cuz their mom is a psycho nympho .... that banged DT in the same room as my 7 yr old was in to hear and see, poor thing, several weeks back.

If I wipe every binary in m phone (how?) And install a fresh file, then how can I stop them from getting in again? Because, no AV prog worked. They broke into my home network, and intruded every single device. I am about to lose everything and get F'd by child support, soon two consecutive months will be unpaid. I am so screwed.

Sorry, for the TMI.

Administrator
    My advice:

Go with your device to a Samsung Service Point, explain your situation there...

They can fully reset your device, or put in a new motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My advice:

Go with your device to a Samsung Service Point, explain your situation there...

They can fully reset your device, or put in a new motherboard
    It would be futile.
    To much has to be replaced to end this drama.

I installed the flash, now the phone is a bit sticky/laggy, and the drives/partitions are still there.

Anyway to wipe all data and the do a flash, like old school windows, format completely and unconditionally, then install fresh, and having got rid of any crap.