Thread: S10E Downgrading from Android 10 back to Android 9 - Safe?

S10E Downgrading from Android 10 back to Android 9 - Safe?

Hi there,
    Since I updated to 10 my phone's battery life dropped dramatically. From at least 3h sot down to half of it. For example, last night from midnight to 8am it dropped 20%. This is the worst I've ever had. Looks like Google Play Services are using the most battery.
    Also I checked with Better battery stats and it shows NlpCollectorWakeLock on the very top of the list with a lot of activity from it.
    I tried everything, clearing phone's catche, clearing app's catche and data. Disabled everything location related I could find. No success. My battery is still dying very quickly.

If I download the latest available version of Pie for my phone, will I be able to safely downgrade it using Odin?

Thanks.

I flashed the other day and regret it, was not worth the effort in the end. Can this be done to put old carrier firmware back on safely. The issue i see was the fact 10 was around 5 gig.

Admin may be able to yes or no this?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownikk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,
    Since I updated to 10 my phone's battery life dropped dramatically. From at least 3h sot down to half of it. For example, last night from midnight to 8am it dropped 20%. This is the worst I've ever had. Looks like Google Play Services are using the most battery.
    Also I checked with Better battery stats and it shows NlpCollectorWakeLock on the very top of the list with a lot of activity from it.
    I tried everything, clearing phone's catche, clearing app's catche and data. Disabled everything location related I could find. No success. My battery is still dying very quickly.

If I download the latest available version of Pie for my phone, will I be able to safely downgrade it using Odin?

Thanks.
    Hi there

You can go back to the latest Pie firmware, but you'll lose everything on your phone!

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM): your device will reset afterwards which is mandatory...

But first: have a look if your Google Play Service has been updated as well to the Android 10-variant...
    Go to Settings - Apps - Google Play Services: what version is on your device? Check if the version installed starts with 120400 (That's the Android 10 version of Google Play Services)

When not: you can sideload the latest version from APKMirror: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Henklbr, how far back do you roll back the firmware, the latest vodafone update was November security patch, the file was not very large compared to the 5gig for android 10. my play services at the moment are 120400? confused by that comment.?

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

You can go back to the latest Pie firmware, but you'll lose everything on your phone!

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM (NOT HOME_CSC_OXM): your device will reset afterwards which is mandatory...

But first: have a look if your Google Play Service has been updated as well to the Android 10-variant...
    Go to Settings - Apps - Google Play Services: what version is on your device? Check if the version installed starts with 120400 (That's the Android 10 version of Google Play Services)

When not: you can sideload the latest version from APKMirror: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Looks like my Google Play Services were waaaayy out of date for some reason. I downloaded and installed the one from your link. Let's see how this goes before I decide to downgrade. And yes, I am aware that downgrading means that I will have to factory reset my phone, I just wasn't sure if it will not trigger knox or brick the phone in worst case scenario.

Thanks for your help.