Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note 10 resistant to firmware update

Question Note 10+ resistant to firmware update

Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Note10+ 512GB on the Italian Samsung Shop, I'm a big fan of cryptocurrencies and I also trade Bitcoin and Ethereum, so I absolutely have to have the Samsung Blockchain Keystore, this service is only present in the devices (S10 and Note10) of some countries, Canada, Germany, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, USA and the United Kingdom, unfortunately Italy is not included among these.

I bought this Italian smartphone because Samsung Italia has made some very cheap discounts (I am also Italian and I live in Italy), and I thought I would flash the device by replacing the Italian firmware with one of the above, initially I thought of putting the German one but then I saw that in Germany Samsung Pay has not yet been activated and so I opted for that of Switzerland.

I flashed with Odin (it's not the first time, I did it twice more with my old Samsung S7 Edge) and it seemed like everything was fine, but when I finished the configuration I noticed that the CSC file actually it was still ITV !! That is, the firmware hadn't actually been changed yet! boh I thought I had made a mistake myself, or maybe there was an error downloading the firmware downloaded from SamMobile and then I did another test, this time with the UK firmware (also downloaded by SamMobile always), as as usual, everything went well, but once again when I woke up I noticed that the CSC file was always ITV !! And so the firmware hadn't been changed this time either!

But how is this possible? if Odin flashes, and tells me that the whole procedure has gone correctly how come I still have my phone with Italian firmware?

Can you help me ? I can't find a solution

Thank you in advance

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by Vin241; 06-12-2019 at 08:40.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin241 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi everyone, I just bought a Samsung Note10+ 512GB on the Italian Samsung Shop, I'm a big fan of cryptocurrencies and I also trade Bitcoin and Ethereum, so I absolutely have to have the Samsung Blockchain Keystore, this service is only present in the devices (S10 and Note10) of some countries, Canada, Germany, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, USA and the United Kingdom, unfortunately Italy is not included among these.

I bought this Italian smartphone because Samsung Italia has made some very cheap discounts (I am also Italian and I live in Italy), and I thought I would flash the device by replacing the Italian firmware with one of the above, initially I thought of putting the German one but then I saw that in Germany Samsung Pay has not yet been activated and so I opted for that of Switzerland.

I flashed with Odin (it's not the first time, I did it twice more with my old Samsung S7 Edge) and it seemed like everything was fine, but when I finished the configuration I noticed that the CSC file actually it was still ITV !! That is, the firmware hadn't actually been changed yet! boh I thought I had made a mistake myself, or maybe there was an error downloading the firmware downloaded from SamMobile and then I did another test, this time with the UK firmware (also downloaded by SamMobile always), as as usual, everything went well, but once again when I woke up I noticed that the CSC file was always ITV !! And so the firmware hadn't been changed this time either!

But how is this possible? if Odin flashes, and tells me that the whole procedure has gone correctly how come I still have my phone with Italian firmware?

Can you help me ? I can't find a solution

Thank you in advance

[ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Why do I've the idea, I answered this already?

You can't get one of the other CSC's, because all the European ones are also part of Multi-CSC OXM (where ITV is also part of)...

The only way to change CSC, is to insert a SIM-card from one of the countries you want, but when you insert your Italian SIM again, the chance is very high your device will change back again to ITV...

So are you telling me that actually the firmware that came with the phone isn't a national but international firmware? Which applies to all those countries indicated in the CSC file (I suppose it only applies to European states)?

So does this mean that to have a different firmware it was not necessary to do any kind of flash? was it enough just to change SIM cards?

Sorry if I ask you many questions but I need a clarification, but technically the CSC File changes every time I open the SIM drawer or at every reboot?

Because if it only changed with each reboot I could buy a Swiss or English SIM card and insert it only before rebooting and then removing it after the phone is turned on.

While if it were not so, could I opt to keep 2 sims (the phone is dual sim)? (ex. an English and an Italian one?), in this case the CSC file, how would it behave? it would fit according to the SIM card num. 1?

Finally, would this change in the CSC file (eg between Italian and English) result in some settings being reset? for example the Samung Blockchain Keystore that in this hypothesis would work only with the English SIM if I restarted the phone without this sim card would reset itself?

So there is no firmware that does not belong to the "Multi-CSC OXM" segment that I could download and install on my Note?
    For example, the extra-European firmware that supports the Exynos processor (so not the US one, which has the snapdragon) could I install it in my Note which is Italian? or risk to brick it or have problems receiving phone calls?

Thank you very much, you are helping me a lot
    Last edited by Vin241; 06-12-2019 at 11:34.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin241 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So are you telling me that actually the firmware that came with the phone isn't a national but international firmware? Which applies to all those countries indicated in the CSC file (I suppose it only applies to European states)?

So does this mean that to have a different firmware it was not necessary to do any kind of flash? was it enough just to change SIM cards?

Sorry if I ask you many questions but I need a clarification, but technically the CSC File changes every time I open the SIM drawer or at every reboot?

Because if it only changed with each reboot I could buy a Swiss or English SIM card and insert it only before rebooting and then removing it after the phone is turned on.

While if it were not so, could I opt to keep 2 sims (the phone is dual sim)? (ex. an English and an Italian one?), in this case the CSC file, how would it behave? it would fit according to the SIM card num. 1?

Finally, would this change in the CSC file (eg between Italian and English) result in some settings being reset? for example the Samung Blockchain Keystore that in this hypothesis would work only with the English SIM if I restarted the phone without this sim card would reset itself?

So there is no firmware that does not belong to the "Multi-CSC OXM" segment that I could download and install on my Note?
    For example, the extra-European firmware that supports the Exynos processor (so not the US one, which has the snapdragon) could I install it in my Note which is Italian? or risk to brick it or have problems receiving phone calls?

Thank you very much, you are helping me a lot
    These CSC's are included in Multi-CSC OXM:
    SM-N975F OXM multi-CSC:

ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BTC BTU CAC CAM CAU CHO COO CPW DBT DKR DOO ECT EGY EON EUR FWD GLB GTO ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL NZC OPS ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SIO SKZ SLK SMA SMP STH TEL THL TNZ TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR VAU VNZ XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFA XFE XFV XME XFG XNZ XSA XSP XTC XXV

For all above mentioned CSC's, the firmware is the same. The DEFAULT CSC is XEF.

You've an Italian device, product-code ITV. You've inserted an Italian SIM, so nothing will change.

When you insert i.e. a German SIM, you will get a pop-up with "SIM-card changed". When you accept this, your device will restart, perform a reset and the ACTIVE CSC will change from ITV to DBT (in this example).
    When going to "Software Info" and have a look at "Software Serviceprovider", you would see DBT/DBT,DBT/ITV (now everything is ITV on your phone).

If you decide to use the Dual-SIM function, your ITV-card must be in SIM2. With above example, you would get DBT/DBT,ITV/ITV

Note: don't "play" to much with "other" firmwares, and stay on Multi-CSC OXM...

Isn't it possible to SIDELOAD the Bitcoin-app to your device, from APK-mirror?

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I remain in your example ... And if I remove the SIM 1 card (German) and leave only the SIM 2 (Italian) the CSC file always remains DBT / DBT, ITV / ITV? or does it still become ITV / ITV, ITV / ITV?

And if I remove both cards does it remain unchanged or the CSC file changes the same?

Thanks again for the help you are giving me

Administrator
    I remain in your example ... And if I remove the SIM 1 card (German) and leave only the SIM 2 (Italian) the CSC file always remains DBT / DBT, ITV / ITV? or does it still become ITV / ITV, ITV / ITV?

And if I remove both cards does it remain unchanged or the CSC file changes the same?

Thanks again for the help you are giving me
    That I don't know: sorry

You'll have to find out that for yourself (I don't use 2 SIM-cards)

OK thanks anyway for your help, at least now I know the problem

Hello, based on the discussion of almost a month ago I decided to opt for the English firwmare (UK), therefore I purchased an English SIM on Amazon, it arrived yesterday morning, actually as soon as I inserted it in the phone this has restarted, updating the CSC from:
    ITV / ITV, ITV / ITV
    to
    ITV / XEU, ITV / ITV
    but,

wasn't it supposed to be like this?
    XEU / XEU, ITV / ITV ?

Could this be because the first abbreviation indicates the nationality of the software installed in the phone and the second one that of the SIM? if so, maybe a new flash with Odin will be needed with the SIM inserted?

To make the flash I had downloaded the version of Android 10 from SamMobile for the United Kingdom, having BTU code, however, since the Vodafone UK sim changed the CSC file to XEU (which corresponds to the United Kingdom / Ireland), I am now by downloading (da SamMobile) the corresponding firmware.

In your opinion, with this flash that I will do with the sim inserted will I be able to change my signature to the English one (UK)?

Thank you so much for your help

Hello, based on the discussion of almost a month ago I decided to opt for the English firwmare (UK), therefore I purchased an English SIM on Amazon, it arrived yesterday morning, actually as soon as I inserted it in the phone this has restarted, updating the CSC from: ITV / ITV, ITV / ITV
    to
    ITV / XEU, ITV / ITV,

XEU / XEU, ITV / ITV,

Could this be because the first abbreviation indicates the nationality of the software installed in the phone and the second one that of the SIM? if so, maybe a new flash with Odin will be needed with the SIM inserted?

To make the flash I had downloaded the version of Android 10 from SamMobile for the United Kingdom, having BTU code, however, since the Vodafone UK sim changed the CSC file to XEU (which corresponds to the United Kingdom / Ireland), I am now by downloading the corresponding firmware.

In your opinion, with this flash that I will do with the sim inserted will I be able to change my signature to the English one (UK)?

Also if you look at the screenshots there is a difference between the software version page and the one of the "Samsung Phone Info" application as you can see in this application instead it says that the firmware CSC file is AUT (Switzerland), but if the sim is english because i am reporting switzerland?

Last edited by Vin241; 03-01-2020 at 08:41.

Administrator
    Hello, based on the discussion of almost a month ago I decided to opt for the English firwmare (UK), therefore I purchased an English SIM on Amazon, it arrived yesterday morning, actually as soon as I inserted it in the phone this has restarted, updating the CSC from: ITV / ITV, ITV / ITV
    to
    ITV / XEU, ITV / ITV,

XEU / XEU, ITV / ITV,

To make the flash I had downloaded the version of Android 10 from SamMobile for the United Kingdom, having BTU code, however, since the Vodafone UK sim changed the CSC file to XEU (which corresponds to the United Kingdom / Ireland), I am now by downloading the corresponding firmware.

Also if you look at the screenshots there is a difference between the software version page and the one of the "Samsung Phone Info" application as you can see in this application instead it says that the firmware CSC file is AUT (Switzerland), but if the sim is english because i am reporting switzerland?

Hi there

Why posting twice?

Didn't you got a pop-up saying "SIM-card changed"?

In order to get XEU/XEU,ITV/ITV you need to FULL RESET your device! As I can see, you didn't RESET your device... (because ITV is still you active CSC instead of XEU)

When resetting, your SIM must be IN your device.

Just wondering: WHY would you want to change your device to BTU/XEU instead of staying at ITV? In which country are you using your device (primary)?