Thread: Black crush and massive colour banding on GALAXY note 8(SM-N950F Exynos).

Black crush and massive colour banding on GALAXY note 8(SM-N950F Exynos).

Hello!
    I am using a SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8 Exynos Version 64 gb SM-N950F running on 1 October security patch.
    'Black Crush' and 'Colour Banding' started in April after March security update as i remember.
    I am waiting for a fix but nothing seems to be fixed.
    To explain Black crush in few words: Area with Black pixel where it should show shadow gradient.
    Colour Banding:
    Gradient colour are not transforming smoothly into another one.

My phone's screen is ridiculously bad to even look at after this. Because let me get straight i bought this to see beautiful AMOLED screen; not to see this bloched screen.
    Anyone facing this issue please comment below as it will be helpful.
    And please note that a screenshot will not identify this problem as other display's on earth are perfect. So you have to take photo with a camera of your NOTE 8.

I have attached some photos with links to explain it better. This is happening as well as with gradient wallpapers but i can't get focus even on my crappy G5 plus camera.And looks so much worse in real world.

Test photos here - [ Login above or register to see download links. ] ( Alternative link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]...

How it look on Moto G5 Plus- [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (Alternative link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]...
    (Taken with SN8 camera)

How it looks on my SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 8- [ Login above or register to see download links. ] ( Alternative link [ Login above or register to see download links. ]...
    (Taken with Moto G5 Plus camera)

Here is a link from a XDA thread to show how bad it looks and what is exactly happening here.The post is by GALAXY s9 user which is exact same problem for my GALAXY NOTE 8 now...Weird!

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks to SAMSUNG Customer Care India for replacing my display BUT the problem still persists. I can't even use this phone on regular basis. I am using my broken G5 Plus. Atleast the screen is not that messed up.
    i don't think now that it's a hardware issue; at least display itself is not faulty. But SAMSUNG did something wrong in update and haven't fixed it till now.
    We can't downgrade to Oreo so it's so much frustrating for me.
    Please SAMSUNG fix this ASAP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20191202_225342334_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg   IMG_20191202_225519123_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg   IMG_20191203_181215505.jpg   IMG_20191203_181135834.jpg   IMG_20191203_181112132.jpg  

IMG_20191203_022952295_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg   IMG_20191203_022859051.jpg  

Administrator
    Hi there

We can't do anything about this

Contact Samsung in your Samsung Members app

Hmm.... i know. It's not in your hand to fix this. But i m posting here because if you 'SAMMOBILE' can look into this device issue and report to SAMSUNG may be they will notice, otherwise a lots of forums i made on Samsung cummunity and on XDA may go unnoticed regarding exact same issue. I remeber SAMMOBILE posting S9 black crush report and after a month the issue was fixed on my friend's S9... So please help if you guys can.