Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G965F -Cannot update from Samsumg Experience 9.0 and Android 8.0

Quote Originally Posted by Maxivik1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Добрый день. У вашего телефона по умолчанию multi прошивка
    Service provider SW ver.
    ins/ins,ins/xsg
    XSG- принадлежность телефона. В данном случае multi прошивка.
    Есть русскоязычный сайт 4PDA.ru
    На форуме в поисковике введите модель своего телефона с приставкой "прошивка"
    Там пошаговая инструкция для смены региона.
    Меняйте регион (без сим-карты) на XSG (по версии прошивки найдите свой регион). После этого устанавливаете обновление и вставляете сим-карту.
    Сам так делал не раз. Телефон Арабские Эмираты, а живу в России. При сбросе телефона к заводским настройкам (если сим-карта внутри)устанавливается прошивка региона, которому принадлежит сим-карта.
    С помощью Google переводчика у Вас получится все легко.
    Hi
    Thank you for this.

Firmware for usa

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

The current firmware on your phone, was never released for India...

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download Odin: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for India (INS): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x (other files in archive NOT to be used, USERDATA in Odin stays EMPTY!): your data stays intact

2) Extract the firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files:
    AP (System & Recovery)
    BL (Bootloader)
    CP (Modem / Radio)
    CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will wipe your phone)
    HOME_CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will NOT wipe your phone)

3) Add each file to it's respective field in Odin v3.13.1. Use CSC_OXM if you want to do a clean flash and HOME_CSC OXM if you want to keep your apps and data.

4) Reboot your phone in Download / Odin mode with the following button combo:
    POWER + VOLUME DOWN + BIXBY

5) Once in download mode, connect your phone to the PC, preferably using the original USB cable you got with your phone. Odin should detect your device and a blue box will show up with the COM port number.

6) Do NOT tick any extra boxes. The only options to be ticked are F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.

7) Click the start button, wait for Odin to say 'PASS'. Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot.
    Hi,
    Can you please direct me to where I can get the firmware for the US region.
    Thank you

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eeswara [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    Can you please direct me to where I can get the firmware for the US region.
    Thank you
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Software Info

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?
    Hi,
    Thanks for responding.
    I have attached a screen shot of the software info for my phone.
    my phone was originally built for the Gulf region but while I was living in India I was not getting OTA updates.
    So I flash my phone with the software for India and I was able to update to android 9 and 10 recently.
    Now I've moved from India to the US region I want to flash my phone firmware to US region.
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails software.jpg  

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eeswara [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    Thanks for responding.
    I have attached a screen shot of the software info for my phone.
    my phone was originally built for the Gulf region but while I was living in India I was not getting OTA updates.
    So I flash my phone with the software for India and I was able to update to android 9 and 10 recently.
    Now I've moved from India to the US region I want to flash my phone firmware to US region.
    Thanks
    That's not possible; US has a different model S9+ (different processor), so you can't flash US-firmware on your device...

That's not possible; US has a different model S9+ (different processor), so you can't flash US-firmware on your device...
    You are correct. I actually forget this is the international version model and isn't made for US.
    Thanks for your help.
    Have a great day