Thread: S10E Battery Drain - Not going into Deep Sleep

S10E Battery Drain - Not going into Deep Sleep

Hi there,

So for the past few days my phone doesn't seem to be going into deep sleep mode pretty much at all which results in high battery usage of about/over 3% per hour while I don't even touch it.

Android is up to date with Nov security patch.

Everything was absolutely fine until a couple of days ago when it all started out of nowhere.

I'm using AccuBattery app to monitor my battery and until couple of days ago it would show that my phone was in deep sleep for 90% of screen off time. Now it dropped to under 20% of screen off time.

I've not installed any new apps or made any changes to my phone's settings.

This is very annoying because my phone would easily last full day on one charge. Now it doesn't.

And I'm simply not happy with having to do a factory reset and spend 2 hours restoring everything back and all the settings etc etc

Any suggestions please? I'd be very grateful.

Thank you

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownikk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

So for the past few days my phone doesn't seem to be going into deep sleep mode pretty much at all which results in high battery usage of about/over 3% per hour while I don't even touch it.

Android is up to date with Nov security patch.

Everything was absolutely fine until a couple of days ago when it all started out of nowhere.

I'm using AccuBattery app to monitor my battery and until couple of days ago it would show that my phone was in deep sleep for 90% of screen off time. Now it dropped to under 20% of screen off time.

I've not installed any new apps or made any changes to my phone's settings.

This is very annoying because my phone would easily last full day on one charge. Now it doesn't.

And I'm simply not happy with having to do a factory reset and spend 2 hours restoring everything back and all the settings etc etc

Any suggestions please? I'd be very grateful.

Thank you
    Hi there

Maybe a wrong update of one of your installed apps, that's holding your device awake...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Maybe a wrong update of one of your installed apps, that's holding your device awake...
    You might be right.
    I think it could be my Fitbit app.
    I uninstalled it and my Deep Sleep time improved instantly. I'll keep it uninstalled for a day or two and see if this really was the case. Then I will install it back and see if things get bad again. Fingers crossed!