Thread: Galaxy S7 Does not recognize the O2 sensor in S-Health

Question Galaxy S7 Does not recognize the O2 sensor in S-Health

Replaced a deceased S7 with a new, fresh out of the box 930 FD.

Powered up, updated software to the following:

G930FXXXS6ESGE

Updated all the Google stuff, etc...

Samsung Health does not recognize the O2 sensor for stress / pulse oximetry, and reports that this device does not support it (???)

ANY suggestions

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoNez [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Replaced a deceased S7 with a new, fresh out of the box 930 FD.

Powered up, updated software to the following:

G930FXXXS6ESGE

Updated all the Google stuff, etc...

Samsung Health does not recognize the O2 sensor for stress / pulse oximetry, and reports that this device does not support it (???)

ANY suggestions
    Hi there

Let your device checked by a Samsung Service Point

After an nour with Samsung support online .....

Is it POSSIBLE that due to the physical configuration of the device and how the SIM / SD carrier is set up, that the DUAL SIM variant does not actually support the SpO2 function because the SIM / SD carrier takes up the same physical space that the O2 sensor module would otherwise occupy? Samsung's on-line support didn't tell me there was anything wrong with the hardware but they are admittedly limited in what they can do remotely.

It is more likely that the SPO2 function is disabled for certain CSC codes, since technically it could be considered a "medical device." Anyone have a dual-Sim S7 where pulse oximetry still works? If so, what CSC is it set up for?

Seems to work......

Before giving up, rooting the blasted thing, and installing a non-Samsung ROM on my S7, I made a last-ditch effort and flashed a different ROM onto it. The device is a 930FD, originally with a ROM from Singapore (I think). I flashed a ROM for a 930F (Poland - XEO) and everything seems to be working, at least so far. Recognizes both SIMS, and all of the apps I have tried thus far seem to work without incident.