Thread: International S9+ and Samsung Pay

International S9+ and Samsung Pay

Hello,

I have a SM-G965F/DS with baseband of G965FXXS7CSJ3 which is an international Dual Sim Hybrid variant of the S9+. I use my device in the US and am trying to find a solution for Samsung Pay. Currently my device is opening with a Thai version of Samsung Pay. I am unable to understand any of the language to set it up and am new to the world of flashing handsets. I am aware that there are some hardware differences between my device and the official US handsets. I am trying to avoid bricking my phone if possible but I can't seem to figure out if I can flash another firmware onto my device and if so which one I should use and how to go about doing it. My only real problem is the Samsung Pay issue. Unfortunately they do not sell a dual sim version of the phone in the USA so people looking for that type of solution are all out of luck.

So I am asking you guys the experts, can I flash it to change Samsung Pay region, can I use one of the US firmeware, or should I use a different English speaking one, such as the UK. Or am I completely stupid and this isn't possible, I am barking up the wrong tree and should have just bought the correct device for the region I intended to use it in...

Thanks for your advice and or help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by scardaddy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello,

I have a SM-G965F/DS with baseband of G965FXXS7CSJ3 which is an international Dual Sim Hybrid variant of the S9+. I use my device in the US and am trying to find a solution for Samsung Pay. Currently my device is opening with a Thai version of Samsung Pay. I am unable to understand any of the language to set it up and am new to the world of flashing handsets. I am aware that there are some hardware differences between my device and the official US handsets. I am trying to avoid bricking my phone if possible but I can't seem to figure out if I can flash another firmware onto my device and if so which one I should use and how to go about doing it. My only real problem is the Samsung Pay issue. Unfortunately they do not sell a dual sim version of the phone in the USA so people looking for that type of solution are all out of luck.

So I am asking you guys the experts, can I flash it to change Samsung Pay region, can I use one of the US firmeware, or should I use a different English speaking one, such as the UK. Or am I completely stupid and this isn't possible, I am barking up the wrong tree and should have just bought the correct device for the region I intended to use it in...

Thanks for your advice and or help.
    Hi there

Nope: that's not possible...

Samsung Pay is region/CSC-related. If you want to use Samsung Pay in the US (i.e. also in English), you need a US-model of the S9+ (SM-G965U of SM-G965U1)

Before you ask: no, you can't flash "U' or "U1" firmware on a "F" device...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Nope: that's not possible...

Samsung Pay is region/CSC-related. If you want to use Samsung Pay in the US (i.e. also in English), you need a US-model of the S9+ (SM-G965U of SM-G965U1)

Before you ask: no, you can't flash "U' or "U1" firmware on a "F" device...
    OK thank you for the reply. What you are talking about in relation to flashing U firmware on F devices relates to the hardware of the devices, is that correct? Are there limitations surrounding Samsung Pay that prevents using say a UK device with American bank accounts? For international customers with bases in multiple countries, there seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle. As American customers are not offered a dual sim device.

I totally appreciate the info and help.

Thanks Again,

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by scardaddy [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    OK thank you for the reply. What you are talking about in relation to flashing U firmware on F devices relates to the hardware of the devices, is that correct? Are there limitations surrounding Samsung Pay that prevents using say a UK device with American bank accounts? For international customers with bases in multiple countries, there seems to be a missing piece of the puzzle. As American customers are not offered a dual sim device.

I totally appreciate the info and help.

Thanks Again,
    Indeed: "U/U1" & "F" devices have different hardware (different models)

Samsung Pay is set by the configuration file, which is active on your device (CSC)

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Indeed: "U/U1" & "F" devices have different hardware (different models)

Samsung Pay is set by the configuration file, which is active on your device (CSC)
    And obviously I am guessing there is no way to spoof the CSC without full firmware installation?

Administrator
    And obviously I am guessing there is no way to spoof the CSC without full firmware installation?
    Nope.

thanks