Thread: Android software update

Android software update

I have a Samsung S10 plus (SM-G975U) that I bought in the US that is unlocked ATT, but I do not get the Android updates, at least I am missing three, the last one I have is July.
    I guess since I have a Claro SIM from Argentina (I live there), they don't support me anymore.
    The cell phone works perfectly with my Operator.
    I was in chat with Samsung Members and they gave me a single solution to connect to the PC with Smart switch and from there I tried to update, but I did not notice them very convinced.

I will try to update with ODIN, but I am in doubt when I see the firmware listed in SAMMOBILE ... Can I choose the UNKNOWN? or any? Does the previous or current carrier matter?
    I have this list of the last ...

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I add screenshot of my cell phone

Thank you so much!!

They would help me a lot, because I spent a lot of money and I die if I have not updated and used paperweight in a while.

Thanks again, hug for the whole team.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by solepablo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have a Samsung S10 plus (SM-G975U) that I bought in the US that is unlocked ATT, but I do not get the Android updates, at least I am missing three, the last one I have is July.
    I guess since I have a Claro SIM from Argentina (I live there), they don't support me anymore.
    The cell phone works perfectly with my Operator.
    I was in chat with Samsung Members and they gave me a single solution to connect to the PC with Smart switch and from there I tried to update, but I did not notice them very convinced.

I will try to update with ODIN, but I am in doubt when I see the firmware listed in SAMMOBILE ... Can I choose the UNKNOWN? or any? Does the previous or current carrier matter?
    I have this list of the last ...

I add screenshot of my cell phone

Thank you so much!!

They would help me a lot, because I spent a lot of money and I die if I have not updated and used paperweight in a while.

Thanks again, hug for the whole team.
    Hi there

You can flash this firmware to your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files in archive NOT to be used) with Odin 3.13.x

Your data will stay intact

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Great, thank you so much !!!
    One more question ... this way I will remain as factory unlocked and will I receive monthly updates? Or will I have to do this operation every month so that it is updated?
    I prefer that the device be clean of ATT
    Thank you very much again!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by solepablo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Great, thank you so much !!!
    One more question ... this way I will remain as factory unlocked and will I receive monthly updates? Or will I have to do this operation every month so that it is updated?
    I prefer that the device be clean of ATT
    Thank you very much again!!
    Nothing will change; don't know if you'll get OTA updates

Hello, thank you very much for your help, it helps me a lot. I read in XDA DEVOLOP. I could use a G975U1 firmware (I currently have G975 ATT unlocked) which is the factory-free version and receive updates directly from Samsung. Apparently there are no compatibility issues. Is that so? It does not bother me to reset it from the factory and have it free and get rid of the bloatware, I will do a back up previously to save my files. I don't care about the Volte, it's not used in my country.
    Thanks and regards

Administrator
    Hello, thank you very much for your help, it helps me a lot. I read in XDA DEVOLOP. I could use a G975U1 firmware (I currently have G975 ATT unlocked) which is the factory-free version and receive updates directly from Samsung. Apparently there are no compatibility issues. Is that so? It does not bother me to reset it from the factory and have it free and get rid of the bloatware, I will do a back up previously to save my files. I don't care about the Volte, it's not used in my country.
    Thanks and regards
    I would not recommend it...

Hello HENKLBR, I tell you that last weekend I made the update to the phone as you have recommended me. I want to thank you infinitely for your help, and tell you that everything went well!
    I attached screenshot with the new data.
    Another thing ... I was reading in various forums and channels of you tube that I can change the CSC to pass XAA through the code * # 272 * imei #. I tell you that I did the test of typing that code and I accessed the window perfectly ... but I didn't click OK, because I wasn't sure ...