Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Note 9 Snapdragon SM-N960U problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11

    Exclamation Note 9 Snapdragon SM-N960U problem

    hello guys ,,,

    I live in middle east ( Kuwait ) so my region is Exynos only

    i order the Snapdragon from AliExpress its part number is N960U i dont know what country follow but its a snapdragon

    anyway when i receive the device i back-up all my files from previous note 9 Exynos to the new one and after that i notice its stuck on february security update and the scan security in device care is deactivated
    my local shops said we are not responsible if any damage happened to this device

    i did reset the phone to factory but no change

    i need to receive update regularly any ideas??

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by al7rb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hello guys ,,,

    I live in middle east ( Kuwait ) so my region is Exynos only

    i order the Snapdragon from AliExpress its part number is N960U i dont know what country follow but its a snapdragon

    anyway when i receive the device i back-up all my files from previous note 9 Exynos to the new one and after that i notice its stuck on february security update and the scan security in device care is deactivated
    my local shops said we are not responsible if any damage happened to this device

    i did reset the phone to factory but no change

    i need to receive update regularly any ideas??
    Hi there

    Why order a phone at ALIE-EXPRESS?

    That being said: could you go to Software Info on your device, make a screenshot from TOP to BOTTOM and post it here?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    it was way cheaper than bestbuy of usa
    here it is
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by al7rb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    it was way cheaper than bestbuy of usa
    here it is
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC with Odin 3.13.x (other files in archive NOT to be used)

    Your data will stay intact.

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    thanks alot my friend ,, two more question if i don't bothering you

    shall i receive regular updates from now on ?

    How to install this firmware?

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,715
    1. Download Odin: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. Download SmartSwitch (not to be used, just for the drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Download latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC with Odin 3.13.x (other files in archive NOT to be used)
    Your data will stay intact.

    How to flash firmware to your phone:



    1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Power OFF Note9
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (1st plug-in USB-cable to your Note9!!!), push Bixby + Volume Down buttons, while pushing them plug-in USB-cable to PC
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

    Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    Thank you so much pal 👍

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    So from now on i will receive updates regularly ?

    i got another problem when ever i download something my status bar blow up with notification of old items i downloaded it months ago
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,715
    Quote Originally Posted by al7rb [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So from now on i will receive updates regularly ?

    i got another problem when ever i download something my status bar blow up with notification of old items i downloaded it months ago
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't know if you'll get OTA-updates now (US is different in this than Europe here...)

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    11
    ok i got it ,, what about the notification issue?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •