Thread: Samsung S6 flash using ODIN worked once, now fails

Premium Member

Samsung S6 flash using ODIN worked once, now fails

Hello,

I have a Samsung S6 - SM-G920F

My phone suddenly bricked and wouldn't turn on after ending a call and wouldn't turn on normally.
    Tried factor reset, cache partition wipe both didn't solve the issue as after factory reset the phone was stuck in a boot loop

I then used Odin 3.13.1 and various different firmware to get it to start, but none worked and all the tried gave me a ODIN fail.
    I have also tried the PIT file to reset the partition as well but I think I was using the incorrect PIT file.

After many trial and errors, a firmware from Sammobile got installed and the phone rebooted, installed updates (blue screen with android logo) but got stuck on the 'Samsung' logo for a really long time.
    After being stuck on the logo, in order to move ahead, I re-flashed the phone with exactly the same firmware which failed.

Now, the situation is that none of the firmware work and I am not sure if the phone is soft-bricked or hard bricked. I can get the phone in Download mode only if the phone is plugged in. As soon as I remove the cable, the phone won't start. If I plug it back in I see the green screen with "Emergecy recovery using smart switch" option
    Currently the ODIN fails at system.img step each time.

One last thing I can try is - get in touch with yakapa40 to get a PIT file for my firmware and try again. This is the firmware I am trying to use for my device. Samsung Galaxy S6 UK - simless.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Please let me know what else I can try? or is the phone now beyond help?

Thanks
    Last edited by samtico; 27-10-2019 at 11:39.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by samtico [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello,

I have a Samsung S6 - SM-G920F

My phone suddenly bricked and wouldn't turn on after ending a call and wouldn't turn on normally.
    Tried factor reset, cache partition wipe both didn't solve the issue as after factory reset the phone was stuck in a boot loop

I then used Odin 3.13.1 and various different firmware to get it to start, but none worked and all the tried gave me a ODIN fail.
    I have also tried the PIT file to reset the partition as well but I think I was using the incorrect PIT file.

After many trial and errors, a firmware from Sammobile got installed and the phone rebooted, installed updates (blue screen with android logo) but got stuck on the 'Samsung' logo for a really long time.
    After being stuck on the logo, in order to move ahead, I re-flashed the phone with exactly the same firmware which failed.

Now, the situation is that none of the firmware work and I am not sure if the phone is soft-bricked or hard bricked. I can get the phone in Download mode only if the phone is plugged in. As soon as I remove the cable, the phone won't start. If I plug it back in I see the green screen with "Emergecy recovery using smart switch" option
    Currently the ODIN fails at system.img step each time.

One last thing I can try is - get in touch with yakapa40 to get a PIT file for my firmware and try again. This is the firmware I am trying to use for my device. Samsung Galaxy S6 UK - simless.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Please let me know what else I can try? or is the phone now beyond help?

Thanks
    Hi there

Go with your phone to a Samsung Service Point and let it checked...