Thread: S8: does flashing different CSC trip knox

S8: does flashing different CSC trip knox

I currently have an unlocked S8 on the PRO CSC ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]).
    But since Proximus is really slow to release updates (often months after the provider neutral ROMs), I'd like to flash a provider neutral CSC PHN ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) which gets it's updates much more rapidly.

I've been browsing this forum for a bit, but can't seem to directly find a definitive answer. If I flash the PHN ROM, will Knox stay intact?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by laibalion [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I currently have an unlocked S8 on the PRO CSC ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]).
    But since Proximus is really slow to release updates (often months after the provider neutral ROMs), I'd like to flash a provider neutral CSC PHN ([ Login above or register to see download links. ]) which gets it's updates much more rapidly.

I've been browsing this forum for a bit, but can't seem to directly find a definitive answer. If I flash the PHN ROM, will Knox stay intact?
    Hi there

This is possible and won't trip KNOX, however: you need to RESET your device (will be done automatically)

Because PHN is part of Multi-CSC OXM, you'll probably get LUX (you've a Belgium SIM).

Flash AP BL CP & CSC_OXM with Odin 3.13.x -> your device will reset afterwards which is mandatory. When you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed": accept

You should flash this file: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Then you'll receive OTA also (assuming you have a Belgium SIM in your device now)

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Because PHN is part of Multi-CSC OXM, you'll probably get LUX (you've a Belgium SIM).
    Then you'll receive OTA also (assuming you have a Belgium SIM in your device now)
    That's fine. Indeed I have a Belgian SIM inside.
    Thanks, much appreciated!

Just to inform people having the same question. By Following henklbr's advice I successfully and safely reflashed to LUX.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by laibalion [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Just to inform people having the same question. By Following henklbr's advice I successfully and safely reflashed to LUX.
    Ques: What's Software Serviceprovider now saying in Software Info? LUX/LUX,xxx/PRO?

It says LUX/LUX/PRO

And on a side note, by switching to a provider-neutral ROM/CSC, 2 features that I noticed became active.
    1. VoLTE
    2. Phone&Text continuity (let a Samsung tablet make calls and send/receive texts).

Seems like Proximus was blocking these for some reason.

Administrator
    And on a side note, by switching to a provider-neutral ROM/CSC, 2 features that I noticed became active.
    1. VoLTE
    2. Phone&Text continuity (let a Samsung tablet make calls and send/receive texts).

Seems like Proximus was blocking these for some reason.
    Cool: a WIN-WIN