Thread: Hello, Note10+ firmware question

Hello, Note10+ firmware question

I have my Note 10 + for 3 weeks now and i was still on august update, so yesterday i changed my firmware hoping i would receive OTA,
    this is a screenshot before flashing the new firmware
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    and this is the new firmware

can anybody tell me if the new firmware will receive OTA, and if i chose the right firmware for me, i am based in Romania and i have Vodafone Romania on Sim1 and TrueMove Thailand on Sim2? Thank you

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tedulus [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have my Note 10 + for 3 weeks now and i was still on august update, so yesterday i changed my firmware hoping i would receive OTA,
    this is a screenshot before flashing the new firmware
    and this is the new firmware

can anybody tell me if the new firmware will receive OTA, and if i chose the right firmware for me, i am based in Romania and i have Vodafone Romania on Sim1 and TrueMove Thailand on Sim2? Thank you
    Hi there

No: you won't get OTA

You should RESET your device with the SIM in your device. When you get a pop-up "SIM-card changed" (probably in French): accept

Software Serviceprovider should read ROM/ROM,xxx/VD2

Thank you, i will do that. So i shouldve flashed directly with the csc file and not the home.csc, i tryed avoiding the backup and restore thing.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tedulus [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you, i will do that. So i shouldve flashed directly with the csc file and not the home.csc, i tryed avoiding the backup and restore thing.
    You're correct: you should have used AP BL CP & CSC_OXM

Now, its the same thing if i reset with the sim inside or its better to flash again with csc_oxm ?

Administrator
    Now, its the same thing if i reset with the sim inside or its better to flash again with csc_oxm ?
    Better is to flash: AP BL CP & CSC_OXM with SIM in your device

When you get "SIM-card changed": accept!

Ok, thanks, i will do that.

After flashing again with csc_oxm my service provider is ROM/ROM,THL/VD2, can you please tell me what exactly means that first "rom" that needed changed ? And why that mattered for receiving further software updates ? Cos i do not understand how Samsungs updates work. Thanks a lot

Administrator
    After flashing again with csc_oxm my service provider is ROM/ROM,THL/VD2, can you please tell me what exactly means that first "rom" that needed changed ? And why that mattered for receiving further software updates ? Cos i do not understand how Samsungs updates work. Thanks a lot
    Hi there

Now you're OK; you'll receive Firmware Updates (OTA) for Romania (ROM) now...