Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S10E Debranding, some questions.

S10E Debranding, some questions.

Hi there,
    I'm recently switched from a BTU version of Galaxy S8 to a new Galaxy S10e that came factory unlocked from Three network in UK.
    Phones from Three come with their branded android H3G, which means that you get firmware updates via three network and not directly from samsung. Unfortunately Three is always 2-3 months behind with updates and security patches.

So as with every single Samsung I've owned before I decided to debrand it. I downloaded the XEU (Actually multi csc version OXM) version of android and flashed my phone using latest Odin. Everything went well.

With all my other phones if I flashed BTU firmware the bottom line of service provider would change from H3G,H3G,H3G to BTU,BTU,BTU.
    On S10e it changed to DBT,DBT,DBT/H3G.
    Once I put the sim card in and set the phone up it automatically changed to XEU,XEU,XEU/H3G.

I guess that the last value is basically phone's origin and can't be changed or rid of?

Also does this void my warranty? Obviously since I used Sammys official firmware and tools the knox stayed at 0

I'll be very grateful for your help.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownikk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,
    I'm recently switched from a BTU version of Galaxy S8 to a new Galaxy S10e that came factory unlocked from Three network in UK.
    Phones from Three come with their branded android H3G, which means that you get firmware updates via three network and not directly from samsung. Unfortunately Three is always 2-3 months behind with updates and security patches.

So as with every single Samsung I've owned before I decided to debrand it. I downloaded the XEU (Actually multi csc version OXM) version of android and flashed my phone using latest Odin. Everything went well.

With all my other phones if I flashed BTU firmware the bottom line of service provider would change from H3G,H3G,H3G to BTU,BTU,BTU.
    On S10e it changed to DBT,DBT,DBT/H3G.
    Once I put the sim card in and set the phone up it automatically changed to XEU,XEU,XEU/H3G.

I guess that the last value is basically phone's origin and can't be changed or rid of?

Also does this void my warranty? Obviously since I used Sammys official firmware and tools the knox stayed at 0

I'll be very grateful for your help.
    Hi there, good morning

Your device is correctly altered to an un-branded device; the "last H#G" can't be changed -> Product-code

Official firmware doesn't void warranty...

That's great. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there, good morning

Your device is correctly altered to an un-branded device; the "last H#G" can't be changed -> Product-code

Official firmware doesn't void warranty...
    Here's the reply I got from a "moderator" on official Samsung community forum:

Hi, unfortunately this does indeed void the warranty as it is deemed an unauthorised modification of the Software. It's not something that we would be able to help you with, I'm afraid.

"Hello, World!"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kierownikk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Here's the reply I got from a "moderator" on official Samsung community forum:
    Hi there

Well: it's not a problem here in the Netherlands at all; but I can understand the answer of a Samsung moderator...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Well: it's not a problem here in the Netherlands at all; but I can understand the answer of a Samsung moderator...
    I spoke to Samsung's customer service on live chat and I was told that by doing what I did I rooted my phone, therfore voided my warranty. Rooted my phone? Wtf?
    Are they clueless or are they right?

I'm totally confused.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums but here's the ongoing discussion....
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    I spoke to Samsung's customer service on live chat and I was told that by doing what I did I rooted my phone, therfore voided my warranty. Rooted my phone? Wtf?
    Are they clueless or are they right?

I'm totally confused.
    By flashing this firmware, you did NOT root your phone...

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, run it and post a screenshot of the GENERAL-Tab

Administrator
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other forums but here's the ongoing discussion....
    Your WARRANTY Void = 0 which means: KNOX has NOT been tripped!

By flashing this firmware, you did NOT root your phone...

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, run it and post a screenshot of the GENERAL-Tab
    Here it is...