Thread: Note10+ 5G carrier change

Note10+ 5G carrier change

Hello guys,

I have a Note10+ 5G (N976B) from the German carrier „Deutsche Telekom“ (t-mobile). Unfortunately, that means that all the firmware updates aren‘t directly provided by Samsung. Right now, I still have the August security patch while the UK version for example got a second October patch a couple of days ago.
    I already had the problem with a couple of phones and always switched to the carrier-unlocked German version (DBT CSC) but this time there is no such one. My only possibility would be to change the CSC to the UK version of the Note.

Is it safe to change the CSC to another country? With my last phones I only unlocked the phone by flashing the normal German version and didn‘t have any problems. Is it the same process in this case? And will it somehow affect my 5G compatibility in Germany?
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue2509 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello guys,

I have a Note10+ 5G (N976B) from the German carrier „Deutsche Telekom“ (t-mobile). Unfortunately, that means that all the firmware updates aren‘t directly provided by Samsung. Right now, I still have the August security patch while the UK version for example got a second October patch a couple of days ago.
    I already had the problem with a couple of phones and always switched to the carrier-unlocked German version (DBT CSC) but this time there is no such one. My only possibility would be to change the CSC to the UK version of the Note.

Is it safe to change the CSC to another country? With my last phones I only unlocked the phone by flashing the normal German version and didn‘t have any problems. Is it the same process in this case? And will it somehow affect my 5G compatibility in Germany?
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
    Hi there

I would not recommend it, and probably you can't change to another country because your device will be locked...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

I would not recommend it, and probably you can't change to another country because your device will be locked...
    Really? Because I have read in some forums that it doesn't matter to which country you switch as long as it has the same model number. That's why I'm still not sure about it. But I don't know what else to do because not a single firmware has been released since the August patch and I am sure that it will stay that way.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue2509 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Really? Because I have read in some forums that it doesn't matter to which country you switch as long as it has the same model number. That's why I'm still not sure about it. But I don't know what else to do because not a single firmware has been released since the August patch and I am sure that it will stay that way.
    Hi there

Well: someone tried before...

He had an EVR-device, living in Romania (but with a UK-SIM). He tried to switch to BTU/XEU and ended up with a FRENCH device (XEF is default CSC for Multi-CSC OXM)