Thread: Galaxy S8 Boot Bug after Security Patch 01. September 2019

Galaxy S8 Boot Bug after Security Patch 01. September 2019

Good morning everyone,

I would like to send you a short info about the security patch September 2019, which landed yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S8, because the update to the security patch level 01. September included a bug:

After the installation the smartphone booted as usual, so that the Galaxy S8 - lettering and afterwards the Samsung lettering was shown. Then it jumps to the unlock menu for decryption (either as a pattern, like on my wife's S8 or the PIN entry on my S8). After entering the PIN (or the pattern -- the boot bug is not limited to my S8 only) the unlock icon (lock with the rotating semicircles) appears. After a few seconds the boot process freezes at this point, the animation stops and stops. The duration of inactivity is about 20 - 30 seconds.

Afterwards the device boots automatically and goes through the procedure again, only that it works the second time. Since the behavior occurred with two Galaxy S8 (country code: DBT), which were not manipulated in the software and hardware, I assume that such messages will accumulate (probably...., but the broad mass will be content with the fact that their S8 starts at all).

I think Samsung will have to deliver a new patch here. Galaxy S8 owners should not install the latest security patch as there is the possibility of a complete boot loop.

Maybe you can share it with others.

Many greetings,
    Roland

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ziegler [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good morning everyone,

I would like to send you a short info about the security patch September 2019, which landed yesterday on my Samsung Galaxy S8, because the update to the security patch level 01. September included a bug:

After the installation the smartphone booted as usual, so that the Galaxy S8 - lettering and afterwards the Samsung lettering was shown. Then it jumps to the unlock menu for decryption (either as a pattern, like on my wife's S8 or the PIN entry on my S8). After entering the PIN (or the pattern -- the boot bug is not limited to my S8 only) the unlock icon (lock with the rotating semicircles) appears. After a few seconds the boot process freezes at this point, the animation stops and stops. The duration of inactivity is about 20 - 30 seconds.

Afterwards the device boots automatically and goes through the procedure again, only that it works the second time. Since the behavior occurred with two Galaxy S8 (country code: DBT), which were not manipulated in the software and hardware, I assume that such messages will accumulate (probably...., but the broad mass will be content with the fact that their S8 starts at all).

I think Samsung will have to deliver a new patch here. Galaxy S8 owners should not install the latest security patch as there is the possibility of a complete boot loop.

Many greetings,
    Roland
    Hi there

Thanks for reporting but we can't do anything about this...

Please report this bug to Samsung directly in your Samsung Members app...

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that the problem had resolved itself - at least now. After 22 hours of continuous running time of the S8 and the 5th reboot it booted without a temporary bootloop. It seems to have levelled itself out somehow. So all clear.

Greetings,
    Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ziegler [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good morning everyone,

Many greetings,
    Roland
    Exactly same bug for me, but no resolved !