Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Downloaded BTU UK CSC for Note 10 + 5G But it shows XEF, CSC Country France

  1. #1
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2

    Downloaded BTU UK CSC for Note 10 + 5G But it shows XEF, CSC Country France

    Hi, just tried to change my Vodafone UK Note 10+ 5G CSC to UK BTU and downloaded N976BXXU1ASH5_N976BOXM1ASH5_BTU from firmware but after downloading when checked it shows CSC Country as France and CSC code as XEF, bit strange ???
    Any one can help this ? Or Sammobile uploaded wrong CSC on the website ?

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by usan14 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, just tried to change my Vodafone UK Note 10+ 5G CSC to UK BTU and downloaded N976BXXU1ASH5_N976BOXM1ASH5_BTU from firmware but after downloading when checked it shows CSC Country as France and CSC code as XEF, bit strange ???
    Any one can help this ? Or Sammobile uploaded wrong CSC on the website ?
    Hi there

    You downloaded the correct firmware.

    All firmwares from Samsung have MULTI-CSC, in this case OXM

    SM-N976B OXM multi-CSC:

    ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BTC BTU CAC CAM CAU CHO COO CPW DBT DKR DOO ECT EGY EON EUR FWD GLB GTO ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL NZC OPS ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SIO SKZ SLK SMA SMP STH TEL THL TNZ TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR VAU VNZ XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFA XFE XFV XME XFG XNZ XSA XSP XTC XXV

    By default : XEF

    Didn't I tell you already it was not a good idea to flash your Vodafone-device with UN-branded firmware?

    How did you flash your device: with HOME_CSC_OXM or CSC_OXM?

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi,

    I wish I had come across this before I flashed my Note10+ 5G. I was wondering if there was a solution to this? Have tried all 3 XEU options. I have also tried to flash back to the Vodafone UK firmware using both versions available on Sammobile but both default to VD2 (Vodafone Germany)?

    I have also tried factory reset via recovery mode with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by 7h3Monk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

    I wish I had come across this before I flashed my Note10+ 5G. I was wondering if there was a solution to this? Have tried all 3 XEU options. I have also tried to flash back to the Vodafone UK firmware using both versions available on Sammobile but both default to VD2 (Vodafone Germany)?

    I have also tried factory reset via recovery mode with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Hi there

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, and post a screenshot from top to bottom?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi,

    Sure. I have flashed to EVR as that is the only UK version I can get working for samsung pay. But XEU was XEF/XEF/VOD and the Vodafone one was VD2/VD2/VOD.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by 7h3Monk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

    Sure. I have flashed to EVR as that is the only UK version I can get working for samsung pay. But XEU was XEF/XEF/VOD and the Vodafone one was VD2/VD2/VOD.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    What you could try:

    SIM out of your device, flash the VOD-firmware AP BL CP CSC_OVF (NOT HOME_CSC). Device will do a reset.
    Power OFF device, go into recovery (Power - VolUP), choose RESET device...

    After reboot, power OFF device, put in your SIM again -> hopefully it'll be VOD/VOD/VOD again

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3
    Hi,

    I will try and post back. Not 100% sure it will work as I did something similar to this but without removing the sim. EVR seems to work so worst case I'll have to stick with it until there is H3G or a way to change CSC to XEU.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8
    Should this trick do the job?
    SIM out of your device, flash the KOO-firmware AP BL CP CSC_OVF (NOT HOME_CSC).
    Device reset.
    Then recovery - reset.

    After reboot, power OFF device, put in your SIM again -> hopefully it should be KOO CSC ?

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,730
    Quote Originally Posted by vysus [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Should this trick do the job?
    SIM out of your device, flash the KOO-firmware AP BL CP CSC_OVF (NOT HOME_CSC).
    Device reset.
    Then recovery - reset.

    After reboot, power OFF device, put in your SIM again -> hopefully it should be KOO CSC ?
    DON'T mess so much with your (expensive) device!!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    8
    So, any other help? Seems like smartphone consider itself in roaming, so no VoLTE calls (even if icon is present), no 5G due to likely software restrictions.
    Things would be NOT like that by the moment this model properly works worldwide, but no way to change that damned CSC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •