Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot download firmware with free membership?

Cannot download firmware with free membership?

Hi there,

I am trying to download firmware for my Samsung S7. I registered as a free member. When I choose the right software and want to download it, I only get the option to 'join' again. When I try to join, I get the message that I am already registered.

So I don't see the option of how to actually download the firmware?

Best regards,
    Tom

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tvdeede [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

I am trying to download firmware for my Samsung S7. I registered as a free member. When I choose the right software and want to download it, I only get the option to 'join' again. When I try to join, I get the message that I am already registered.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Hi there,

Please read this in our FAQ: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

OK super, thx!

One other question:

I bought my S7 second hand in Antwerp, Belgium. Problem is I cannot update the software, because, it says, the system was 'unauthorizedly altered' (besturingssysteem is op een niet-toegestane manier gewijzigd). I found more info on this on the net (aparently this has effectively happened in the past because of problems with knox-software). However, the advise is to flash with more recent ROM-files. Which is what I am trying to do.

Now the model nr, according to de device-info, is SM-G930FD. Which is strange, because the firmware updates for that type, all refer to countries outside Europe. I think it should be India.
    On the other hand, on the back of the device, the mentioned model nr is SM-G930F. That would seem a lot more sensible, since firmware for this model refers to a Belgian version that mentions Proximus (local provider). Perhaps the Phone has been sold in a Proximus deal and has been rooted or something.

However: wat do I do? Do I install the Belgian version, following the indication on the back of the phone, or rather the Indian one?

Thanks for your advise!

Best regards,
    Tom

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by tvdeede [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    OK super, thx!

One other question:

I bought my S7 second hand in Antwerp, Belgium. Problem is I cannot update the software, because, it says, the system was 'unauthorizedly altered' (besturingssysteem is op een niet-toegestane manier gewijzigd). I found more info on this on the net (aparently this has effectively happened in the past because of problems with knox-software). However, the advise is to flash with more recent ROM-files. Which is what I am trying to do.

Now the model nr, according to de device-info, is SM-G930FD. Which is strange, because the firmware updates for that type, all refer to countries outside Europe. I think it should be India.
    On the other hand, on the back of the device, the mentioned model nr is SM-G930F. That would seem a lot more sensible, since firmware for this model refers to a Belgian version that mentions Proximus (local provider). Perhaps the Phone has been sold in a Proximus deal and has been rooted or something.

However: wat do I do? Do I install the Belgian version, following the indication on the back of the phone, or rather the Indian one?

Thanks for your advise!

Best regards,
    Tom
    Hi there,

-F- & -FD- firmware are the same...

The system was altered, as in "Custom ROM" or "ROOTED"?

Hi,

I joined and logged in but it wont' let me download firmware, I always get the upgrade page.
    I did check the FAQ and it doesn't help.

What can I do???

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by undo25 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I joined and logged in but it wont' let me download firmware, I always get the upgrade page.
    I did check the FAQ and it doesn't help.

What can I do???
    Hi there

Log out completely from the site and the forum; clear the cache of your browser.

Close Chrome, open Chrome in INCOGNITO-mode and try again

Or try an other browser

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Log out completely from the site and the forum; clear the cache of your browser.

Or try an other browser

Thank you so much!
    Using Opera was the solution

No download link

Hi there,

Best regards,
    Tom
    Same problem. Sure this site is just a scam.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigelparkinson [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Same problem. Sure this site is just a scam.
    Hi there

Or try an other browser

Your faq regarding login and logout issues do not work. I am still looking for where to log out of the forum. There is no link visible. It is totally frustrating. I believe that you need to rework your web-page and make it more user friendly.
    Thank you