Thread: SG Tab2_10.1_GT-P5100_DBT Germany 4.1.2 Firmware

Post SG Tab2_10.1_GT-P5100_DBT Germany 4.1.2 Firmware

Hi Guys,
    Got a Tab2 GT-P5100 3G+Wi-Fi, but after the JB 4.2.2 Update, it crashed and became worthless. Lagging, Blocking Screen Activity etc etc.
    So I did a Custom Rom CYNxxxxxx this was even worse and totally screwed the GT-P5100.
    Since then its been sitting there doing nothing.

OK my daughter is old enough now to have a TAB of her own.
    She says all her Friends at School have one and she wants one too...!
    So I want to get this up and running again for her, just as it was before the JB 4.2.2 Update screwed it up.!

My Question to the really clever Guys here?
    Do all the Firmwares contain the 3G or 4G and Wi-Fi funktion or do I have to do something different or get a Special Firmware to keep this on
    my daughters Tab2 GT-P5100 (Region Germany DBT).

Thank you very much in advance for a positive response,
    really Apprec, Cheers

AJP007

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AJP007 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Guys,
    Got a Tab2 GT-P5100 3G+Wi-Fi, but after the JB 4.2.2 Update, it crashed and became worthless. Lagging, Blocking Screen Activity etc etc.
    So I did a Custom Rom CYNxxxxxx this was even worse and totally screwed the GT-P5100.
    Since then its been sitting there doing nothing.

OK my daughter is old enough now to have a TAB of her own.
    She says all her Friends at School have one and she wants one too...!
    So I want to get this up and running again for her, just as it was before the JB 4.2.2 Update screwed it up.!

My Question to the really clever Guys here?
    Do all the Firmwares contain the 3G or 4G and Wi-Fi funktion or do I have to do something different or get a Special Firmware to keep this on
    my daughters Tab2 GT-P5100 (Region Germany DBT).

Thank you very much in advance for a positive response,
    really Apprec, Cheers

AJP007
    Hi there

Here you can find the firmware

We don't give support for ROOTED and/or Custom ROM devices. Ask support where you downloaded the Custom ROM.

Hi henklbr,
    I understand that you dont give support for Custom Roms.I dont want Support.
    I have read many of your replies to Q about this issue.
    I am willing to join, pay and download as a Premium Bronze member.
    My Q was does the Firmware for my Device contain the Wifi and 3G function?
    Surely you can answer YES or NO..we are ALL struggling with these Samsung updates.
    Which at times are really only released to Bug our Devices so we are pressured into Buying new stuff.
    I am sure the Developers at Samsung knew exactly what would happen when they released the JB 4.2.2 with Wizard
    and that it would completely BUG our Devices.!
    The Hardware was NOT capable of handling the Software Update, which caused problems for thousands of users.
    Thank you kindly.
    AJP007
    Last edited by AJP007; 12-08-2019 at 19:53.

Hi All,
    An update and progress on my situation, with the Tab2_10.1_GT-P5100+3G+Wi-Fi and the Recovery of Official Samsung JB 4.1.2. FW.
    Find ODIN v1.85, then the Firmware you want, mine was this one.
    " P5100XXDMD1_P5100DBTDMD1_P5100XXDLL2_HOME.tar.md5 " (for 3G and Wi-Fi Devices)

I took JB 4.1.2 because the Tab2 ran very smoothly with this version.
    NOW its back to how it was before Samsung rolled out the 4.2.2 and that Stupid Wizard update.

After opening ODIN v.1.85 LEAVE the SETTINGS as they are, dont touch anything, click on PDA and find your Firmware File , click on it and it will automatically
    LOAD into ODIN, then press Start and away you go.!!

I had a couple of FAIL and Stuck in Bootlogo Screens, BUT dont give up .!!
    My first mistake was using the newest / latest ODIN version..You MUST use the older ODIN v.1.85 then select PDA and Start, because this version
    takes the " .tar.md5", with multiple files and Loads them all together in the right order and places.The whole pocess took 3.25 mins.

If you run into a "Stuck Bootlogo Screen" then go into Recovery mode, Power Button Volume Down, when Sammy Logo comes, release, Power button ONLY and keep Volume button pressed.
    Scroll down with Volume button to "Wipe to Factory Reset" and to select this option press Power button, wait a moment untill it finishes, now without quitting this menu,
    Go one step lower into "Wipe Cache", wait again, then staying in the same Menu go back to TOP and Reboot..the first Boot will take a little longer BUT wait dont rush it,
    and you will be back to a NEW Clean TAB2

Your 3G and Wi-Fi will be back and running smoothly.

ONE more TIP.... look for and Install the latest KIES this will automatically install the Samsung USB Drivers for you, so
    you dont have to worry about that.....OK
    After KIES has installed, TURN IT OFF, before you open ODIN..OK VERY IMPORTANT ..!!!!!

Now install ALL your Apps and Set the Tab2 up as new when it arrived out of Box.
    Hope this Helps others who like me got NO support from the Team here.
    Enjoy, kindest Regards
    AJP007
    Last edited by AJP007; 16-08-2019 at 18:34.