Thread: Tab S2 (SM-T810) ex demo flash issue

Question Tab S2 (SM-T810) ex demo flash issue

Hey there

first post, but not the first visit on the excellent sam mobile

so I begin my story.. Bought a tab s2 tablet from my store that I work at. its a live demo tab S2 which has the model code SM-T810X on the back.

it seems to have a specific demo firmware on it which doesnt seem to be able to get rid of via odin. I downloaded Odin v3.13.3 and the UK firmware T810XXU2DRH1_T810BTU2DRH1_HOME.tar.md5 from this site and ran odin using AP and not checking any options that werent ticked by default. everything ran OK and i got the pass message on odin. the tablet however remains the same as it was when i got it from display. there are a load of apps on there which cant be uninstalled due to administrator privilages. also, if i boot to recovery mode, and try the factory reset, I get the dreaded MDM does not allow factory reset.

looking at the recovery mode screen, it looks like t810xxu2drh1 is installed. also, at the bottom of the recovery screen, i also see written in white text "no support single-sku supported API: 3 dm-verity error failede code 0x002

the main issue with the system firmware as it is is the fact that i cannot open the settings app which of course means i cant connect to wifi, perform a factory reset and far more.

any help is appreciated, im not an expert here, i have followed youtube videos before to flash demo tabs, this is the more stubborn tab i have encountered yet..

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrank [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey there

first post, but not the first visit on the excellent sam mobile

so I begin my story.. Bought a tab s2 tablet from my store that I work at. its a live demo tab S2 which has the model code SM-T810X on the back.

it seems to have a specific demo firmware on it which doesnt seem to be able to get rid of via odin. I downloaded Odin v3.13.3 and the UK firmware T810XXU2DRH1_T810BTU2DRH1_HOME.tar.md5 from this site and ran odin using AP and not checking any options that werent ticked by default. everything ran OK and i got the pass message on odin. the tablet however remains the same as it was when i got it from display. there are a load of apps on there which cant be uninstalled due to administrator privilages. also, if i boot to recovery mode, and try the factory reset, I get the dreaded MDM does not allow factory reset.

looking at the recovery mode screen, it looks like t810xxu2drh1 is installed. also, at the bottom of the recovery screen, i also see written in white text "no support single-sku supported API: 3 dm-verity error failede code 0x002

the main issue with the system firmware as it is is the fact that i cannot open the settings app which of course means i cant connect to wifi, perform a factory reset and far more.

any help is appreciated, im not an expert here, i have followed youtube videos before to flash demo tabs, this is the more stubborn tab i have encountered yet..
    Hi there,

Go back with your device and get a "NON Demo unit", or go with your device to a Samsung Service Point...

DEMO-unitrs are not meant for customers...

the tablet cost me 10. far less than a normal sale unit.

I honestly thought there would be some guru who would be able to fiddle with the TAR file or some such to make this functional.