Thread: Help with firmware for SM-T813

Help with firmware for SM-T813

I'm new here, so please be patient. I downloaded firmware for my Samsung Tab S2 SM-T813 (T813XXU2BSA1_T813XAC2BSA2_XAC.zip).
    The instructions say to extract the zip and there should be 5 files. When I extracted the zip file there was only on file - T813XXU2BSA1_T813XAC2BSA2_XAC.tar.md5.

What am I supposed to do with that file?. It doesn't match anything in the instructions.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Keller [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm new here, so please be patient. I downloaded firmware for my Samsung Tab S2 SM-T813 (T813XXU2BSA1_T813XAC2BSA2_XAC.zip).
    The instructions say to extract the zip and there should be 5 files. When I extracted the zip file there was only on file - T813XXU2BSA1_T813XAC2BSA2_XAC.tar.md5.

What am I supposed to do with that file?. It doesn't match anything in the instructions.
    Hi there

There are also instructions for 1 file firmware...

If there's 1 file in the archive, it has to be placed in the AP-slot in Odin

I tried that. Odin said it was successful and, indeed, the tablet rebooted. It only got as far as the Samsung logo, though. It just sat on the logo screen and wouldn't go any further.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Keller [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I tried that. Odin said it was successful and, indeed, the tablet rebooted. It only got as far as the Samsung logo, though. It just sat on the logo screen and wouldn't go any further.
    May I ask why you flashed your Tablet?

I wanted to flash a custom rom on it. I managed to get OmniRom Oreo onto it but I really didn't like the look of it. So then I was trying to flash the stock rom on tablet, and it didn't work.

I suppose we can close this thread now. After waiting a long time and seeing that it wouldn't boot, I put it in download mode, reflashed two recovery, and reflashed OmniRom Oreo on it. I still don't care for the look of Oreo, but the tablet works. I would still like to understand why flashing the stock romantic didn't work, but that's a fit for another day.