Thread: Firmware Downgrade Question

Firmware Downgrade Question

I want to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) from Android 9 PIE (firmware G960USQS5CSEB) to stock Android 8 OREO (firmware G960USQS3BRK2). From what I have learned the bootloader versions must be the same before flashing.

Can someone confirm my understanding and/or is there any other options to downgrade back to Android 8 (Oreo).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by burchis [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I want to downgrade my Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) from Android 9 PIE (firmware G960USQS5CSEB) to stock Android 8 OREO (firmware G960USQS3BRK2). From what I have learned the bootloader versions must be the same before flashing.

Can someone confirm my understanding and/or is there any other options to downgrade back to Android 8 (Oreo).
    Hi there

That's not possible, sorry...

Is it possible to flash a previous bootloader version that matches the bootloader version in the Android 8 OS?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by burchis [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Is it possible to flash a previous bootloader version that matches the bootloader version in the Android 8 OS?
    Hi there,

Nope: you can't downgrade your device...

Maybe there are some "other ways", but those won't be "official" and we won't support that...