Thread: SM-A300Y network lock

Question SM-A300Y network lock

Hey everyone,

I bought a used Galaxy A3 and it apparently has a network lock so I can't use my German SIM card. According to the Samsung support the phone is from Australia. The software is Telstra branded. The Telstra support though said that the IMEI is not registered in their database. Same for Vodafone and Optus (the other two big Australian carriers). The Samsung support said that the phone is indeed from Australia (both from the CNC and the RCM mark on the back).

Now it's where it becomes weird: in the Samsung Australia support chat they told me that the carrier who would be able to unlock is SamMobile based on the CNC. Obviously SamMobile is no carrier. I don't know what I should do anymore, does anyone have any idea for resolving this? I don't want to call it a lost case and throw the phone away...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LucKet95 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey everyone,

I bought a used Galaxy A3 and it apparently has a network lock so I can't use my German SIM card. According to the Samsung support the phone is from Australia. The software is Telstra branded. The Telstra support though said that the IMEI is not registered in their database. Same for Vodafone and Optus (the other two big Australian carriers). The Samsung support said that the phone is indeed from Australia (both from the CNC and the RCM mark on the back).

Now it's where it becomes weird: in the Samsung Australia support chat they told me that the carrier who would be able to unlock is SamMobile based on the CNC. Obviously SamMobile is no carrier. I don't know what I should do anymore, does anyone have any idea for resolving this? I don't want to call it a lost case and throw the phone away...
    Hi there,

Unfortunately, we don't have any solution either...