Thread: S10+ G975F-Series Lock Issue after Latest Jun 19 Firmware

S10+ G975F-Series Lock Issue after Latest Jun 19 Firmware

Hi all, I promised myself to share this experience no matter if this was already mentioned somewhere.

Though, we all exited to have the latest firmware and the benefit of having a new mobile/flagship, is to have the update frequently and on time. I will not go to the details of delaying the monthly security patch or firmware update from Samsung, but here i am referring to the latest one, of Jun 2019. After few days, the update was smooth, everything is ok, all of the sudden, while i am switching the theme from/to, and later i knew which one, my phone restarted, which i believed at the beginning is fine. However, the phone don't let me in anymore, the screen is black and trying to lock and unlock, nothing, then it restarts again and again. After that the recovery screen where i need to decide what to do, restarted the phone again, nothing, then after quite sometimes, i decided to erase data. I did that knowing i am leaving in a different country than my home where i have all whats up, viber, etc. phone SMS for activation required. The screen was on safe mode, well at least giving me option to save my photos and others. Then I decided to factory reset. I did that and finalized all accounts, all, etc, after that, a normal person can do, to customize the screen, theme and so on, i touched the theme, asked me to update, then i opened the other theme to chose, in specific, the blue one, update it and then apply it (this is for the second time), the phone applied the theme, normally. I left the phone to update all google/galaxy store things, again i found the phone restarted, and again didn't let me in. What? why? what i did this time?

Of course i have to do again the factory reset, and that is where i didn't yet touch the theme anymore, my phone is fine now.

My point is, and later i read an article on this subject on Samsung forum or something, the solution advised was to reset the phone, really? is this is the solution? do you know how much time took me to do that and installed all apps? this is really unacceptable, Samsung.

Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mazinmhanna [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi all, I promised myself to share this experience no matter if this was already mentioned somewhere.

Though, we all exited to have the latest firmware and the benefit of having a new mobile/flagship, is to have the update frequently and on time. I will not go to the details of delaying the monthly security patch or firmware update from Samsung, but here i am referring to the latest one, of Jun 2019. After few days, the update was smooth, everything is ok, all of the sudden, while i am switching the theme from/to, and later i knew which one, my phone restarted, which i believed at the beginning is fine. However, the phone don't let me in anymore, the screen is black and trying to lock and unlock, nothing, then it restarts again and again. After that the recovery screen where i need to decide what to do, restarted the phone again, nothing, then after quite sometimes, i decided to erase data. I did that knowing i am leaving in a different country than my home where i have all whats up, viber, etc. phone SMS for activation required. The screen was on safe mode, well at least giving me option to save my photos and others. Then I decided to factory reset. I did that and finalized all accounts, all, etc, after that, a normal person can do, to customize the screen, theme and so on, i touched the theme, asked me to update, then i opened the other theme to chose, in specific, the blue one, update it and then apply it (this is for the second time), the phone applied the theme, normally. I left the phone to update all google/galaxy store things, again i found the phone restarted, and again didn't let me in. What? why? what i did this time?

Of course i have to do again the factory reset, and that is where i didn't yet touch the theme anymore, my phone is fine now.

My point is, and later i read an article on this subject on Samsung forum or something, the solution advised was to reset the phone, really? is this is the solution? do you know how much time took me to do that and installed all apps? this is really unacceptable, Samsung.

Thanks.
    Hi there

What theme did you want to have on your phone? When I read above, your theme did something to your device...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

What theme did you want to have on your phone? When I read above, your theme did something to your device...
    well, this is what at least i believed it is resulted from applying the standard Samsung blue theme, hope i am mistaken, but i am now on default one, scare to change it anymore