Thread: Galaxy A8 firmware problems

Galaxy A8 firmware problems

Hi, I have a Galaxy A8, which I bought half a year ago and had some problems with the software, I didnt recieve any updates after i updated it to Android 9. Im from Croatia and have a Croatian SIM in it but I recieved a Russian Pie update what maybe broke the updates. Two months ago I brought it to a service center and they flashed a different software onto it, but not a Croatian one (VIP) which I wanted, but a German one for which I cant find as being listed as available to get on a A8.
    In the settings it says now :
    SAOMC_SM-A530F_OVF_VD2_PP_0007
    VD2/VD2/OMN

I have the may security patch on it, which they flashed on it, and again got no new update, so I was wandering will I again get no updates, since i can nowhere find a German VD2 software for the A8 even being mentioned. And should I just flash myself the Croatian one on it? Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzorx [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, I have a Galaxy A8, which I bought half a year ago and had some problems with the software, I didnt recieve any updates after i updated it to Android 9. Im from Croatia and have a Croatian SIM in it but I recieved a Russian Pie update what maybe broke the updates. Two months ago I brought it to a service center and they flashed a different software onto it, but not a Croatian one (VIP) which I wanted, but a German one for which I cant find as being listed as available to get on a A8.
    In the settings it says now :
    SAOMC_SM-A530F_OVF_VD2_PP_0007
    VD2/VD2/OMN

I have the may security patch on it, which they flashed on it, and again got no new update, so I was wandering will I again get no updates, since i can nowhere find a German VD2 software for the A8 even being mentioned. And should I just flash myself the Croatian one on it? Thanks.
    Hi there,

First of all: don't flash every firmware you find yourself -> you can't flash every firmware to your device!

It's strange, your ACTIVE & SIM-CSC is recognized as Vodafone Germany (VD2): just had a look at the Samsung-servers, and tthere's no firmware found for Vodafone Germany (VD2)

This is the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I really don't know what they did in that Service Center; was it an official Samsung one?

Yes thats what bothers me, where did they pull that firmware from. It was an official Samsung service, and I dont have the nerves to go to them again, it was a pain the first time because they didnt wanna take it for repair as it is made for the Italian market, so I spent hours messaging them to convince them to flash me another software. So what do you recommend I should do ?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezzorx [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes thats what bothers me, where did they pull that firmware from. It was an official Samsung service, and I dont have the nerves to go to them again, it was a pain the first time because they didnt wanna take it for repair as it is made for the Italian market, so I spent hours messaging them to convince them to flash me another software. So what do you recommend I should do ?
    My advise: go back with your device, and let them change CSC to your SIM's CSC VIP

This device was never released for Vodafone Germany VD2 (You'll never receive OTA this way)

Thanks, will do then.

Hi again, so I went to Samsung and they flash me the SEE software because Croatian VIP doesnt seem to go on the board. Im okay with the SEE but wanted to ask you is it okay now, because in the settings it says now : SEE/SEE/OMN, but in Sam info it says : firmware CSC code - SER, Active CSC - SEE, and CSC country - SEAD/RS

Administrator
    Hi again, so I went to Samsung and they flash me the SEE software because Croatian VIP doesnt seem to go on the board. Im okay with the SEE but wanted to ask you is it okay now, because in the settings it says now : SEE/SEE/OMN, but in Sam info it says : firmware CSC code - SER, Active CSC - SEE, and CSC country - SEAD/RS
    Hi there

If in Software info, Software Serviceprovider is saying SEE/SEE/OMN, it's OK