Thread: Back to Oreo?

Premium Member

Back to Oreo?

I've tried to downgrade from Pie to Oreo on my Tab S4 but when I flash the firmware using Odin I get a Fail message. How do I do it or can't you go back to Oreo from Pie? The firmware is the correct version etc.

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger56 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I've tried to downgrade from Pie to Oreo on my Tab S4 but when I flash the firmware using Odin I get a Fail message. How do I do it or can't you go back to Oreo from Pie? The firmware is the correct version etc.

Thanks
    Hi there,

As mentioned in the update to Pie, it's not possible to downgrade due to security...

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

As mentioned in the update to Pie, it's not possible to downgrade due to security...
    It is possible -- I just successfully downgraded my Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830) from Pie to Oreo.

The security feature you refer to might be bootloader anti-roll-back.

If you watch some of the video below, then it will tell you how to identify what bootloader version you are currently running. You can downgrade to an Oreo image provided that it uses the same bootloader version.

I downloaded from a "U2" Pie image to a "U2" Oreo image.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jjj333jjj333 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It is possible -- I just successfully downgraded my Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T830) from Pie to Oreo.

The security feature you refer to might be bootloader anti-roll-back.

If you watch some of the video below, then it will tell you how to identify what bootloader version you are currently running. You can downgrade to an Oreo image provided that it uses the same bootloader version.

I downloaded from a "U2" Pie image to a "U2" Oreo image.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Correct, but the latest Pie build has U3