Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sm-g530f xeo

Premium Member

Sm-g530f xeo

Hi,

I have been trying to download firmware for Samsung A8.
    I need XEO for Poland.
    I have downloaded from the below link but it turns out that Sammobile have uploaded SER rather than XEO.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Can you please upload correct file?

Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cfieta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I have been trying to download firmware for Samsung A8.
    I need XEO for Poland.
    I have downloaded from the below link but it turns out that Sammobile have uploaded SER rather than XEO.

Can you please upload correct file?

Thanks
    Hi there,

The file is correct; since the S7-series Samsung uses Multi-CSC's, in this case OXM (where XEO is part of)

Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software Serviceprovider" and post that info here (screenshot)?

Premium Member
    It is SER

Premium Member
    Hi, it is showing SER not XEO.
    When you reset device to factory settings it will start up with Russian language as default.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cfieta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi, it is showing SER not XEO.
    When you reset device to factory settings it will start up with Russian language as default.
    Hi there

It's Multi-CSC firmware and the firmware is correct for ALL CSC's which are included in Multi-CSC OXM

I see, the product-code of your device is for "3 Ireland"; what operator is your SIM-card?

SER is the DEFAULT-CSC for your device (in Multi-CSC OXM), and is chosen when your SIM-card is not being recognized by one of the CSC's included in Multi-CSC OXM

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

It's Multi-CSC firmware and the firmware is correct for ALL CSC's which are included in Multi-CSC OXM

I see, the product-code of your device is for "3 Ireland"; what operator is your SIM-card?

SER is the DEFAULT-CSC for your device (in Multi-CSC OXM), and is chosen when your SIM-card is not being recognized by one of the CSC's included in Multi-CSC OXM
    I have Irish Vodafone, 3 Ireland and Orange Poland.
    I am almost certain that this is Russian firmware as there are two apps preinstalled which one is called Yandex - Yandex Search is a web search engine owned by Russian corporation.

Premium Member

Administrator
    I have Irish Vodafone, 3 Ireland and Orange Poland.
    I am almost certain that this is Russian firmware as there are two apps preinstalled which one is called Yandex - Yandex Search is a web search engine owned by Russian corporation.
    Hi there,

No, this is MUlti-CSC OXM firmware. SER is the default CSC for Multi-CSC OXM.

Which SIM-card was in your device while flashing, or wasn't any? Your SIM's are all three "branded", and you are trying to flash UN-branded firmware.

If you flash the firmware, and if there's NO SIM-card in your device, it'll always take the DEFAULT CSC for Multi-CSC OXM, which is SER in your case...

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there,

No, this is MUlti-CSC OXM firmware. SER is the default CSC for Multi-CSC OXM.

Which SIM-card was in your device while flashing, or wasn't any? Your SIM's are all three "branded", and you are trying to flash UN-branded firmware.

If you flash the firmware, and if there's NO SIM-card in your device, it'll always take the DEFAULT CSC for Multi-CSC OXM, which is SER in your case...
    Hi there,

There was no sim card in handset.
    But how come two apps related to Russian market appears on phone?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Administrator
    Hi there,

There was no sim card in handset.
    But how come two apps related to Russian market appears on phone?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    I told you this already 2 times...

Since the S7/Note7, Samsung is not using SINGLE-CSC anymore, but MULTI-CSC.

Your device has Multi-CSC OXM and has many CSC's in it, like PHN (Netherlands), DBT (Germany), XEO (Poland)

When you get your device out of the box, put your SIM-card in it, and then turn it on, your device "sees" what SIM-card is inside of your device, and will pick the according CSC from the Multi-CSC OXM.

But: when there's NO SIM-card in your device, during first install, it'll pick the DEFAULT-CSC of Multi-CSC OXM, which is for your device SER (Russia).
    That's why it's configured for Russia now, and you see Russian apps too